Cased EK1 Spange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased EK1 Spange

Just bought this one from a very reliable dealer, but it would feel better when i have some opinions of you guys..
    Would also like to know who the maker is and more info about the spange, when its really original

Thank you very much guys...!

any chance of closer, straight on shots of the front and back?
    I can't make out many details, and looks a bit odd to me (but I am tired!)
    regards
    jon

Comment

From what we can see of the case, it looks fine.

The spange, we need closer shots please. It looks like the spange by the unknown maker, but still can't be 100% without closer shots. These 'unknown maker' spanges have been well copied today, and are much thicker than the originals so a closeup of the top or side would be helpful also. The pin looks a little wide, but the originals vary some, so not to worry.

Robert

Comment

i might sound like a broken record, but my philosophy is, "when in doubt, take the other road." i have had 5 of those, and this one i would not consider for my collection just because of the controversy that it might arouse among collectors. the responses on the thread are example of that already. if we are honest with ourselves, most of us love to have pieces in our collection that would be admired at first glance in whatever is our choice of collecting. i prefer to put my money on an item that brings awe from the get go rather than one that would bring discrepancy. when all is said and done, the case looks good to me, but the obverse of the spange is not what i find particularly exciting. just my two centavos.
        Last edited by Das Reich; 05-04-2007, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys, will ask for some better pictures of the spange..im a little satisfied that the case is good

Comment

But some more opinions of the spange experts would be very nice

Comment

Doesn't anybody think that the image on the case lid is a bit sloppy?
              George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post

...it is but, this is often seen on original cases.
                Pieter.
                SUUM CUIQUE ...
                sigpic

Comment

Okay.
                  George

Comment

Some examples...

Robert
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

even though the statement that there were sloppy ones is true, here is what i want to see in items i get. bottom line, i would wait for a better one to come along, unless you are concerned about rising prices. if that is the case, you can always sell it when you find an upgrade.

good luck
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MedalMike View Post
                          Thanks guys, will ask for some better pictures of the spange..im a little satisfied that the case is good
                          on these, tinmantis and robert are the people to listen to. i am just adding my 2 centavos.

Comment

That's a nice looking Mayer.

All I can do is look at the examples posted and see if they line up with what we know is original. The piece speaks for itself, not me speaking for the piece. And that's my two centavos.

I hope we get closer shots.

Robert

Comment

Seems to be the case with these (no pun intended). As compared to the more "refined" appearance of the BH Mayer's.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X