GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another EKI/Spange Combo for discussion....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another EKI/Spange Combo for discussion....

Hi all,

I'd like to find at least one good EKI/Spange combo to buy. What does everyone think about this one? The cross's frame looks like an original 1939 Meybauer, pin assembly screams Meybauer. The Spange looks Deumer, and I am trying to match it with my original as I write this thread. What does everyone think? Any opinions to help me along as I entertain the idea to buy?

Robert
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

My Deumer to compare...
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Robert,
                        I'm sure you're aware that you are now into a whole world of heartache with these things
                        You have this in your hands? or am I seeing double?

my thoughts (and I think I've been looking at this one for a few months) is original parts... The pin seems to have been extended? Can you see any marks where the hardware were removed? any 'story'?... but apart from all that, maybe another combo-leap-of-faith I'm afraid, nice one though!

regards
                        jon

Comment

Originally posted by tinmantis View Post
                          Robert,
                          I'm sure you're aware that you are now into a whole world of heartache with these things

my thoughts (and I think I've been looking at this one for a few months) is original parts... The pin seems to have been extended? Can you see any marks where the hardware were removed? any 'story'?... but apart from all that, maybe another combo-leap-of-faith I'm afraid, nice one though!

regards
                          jon
                          Hi jon,

Not in hand, no, still at dealers. Yes, it seems to be made with original parts, but as you say, without a maker's mark it's more of a 'leap of faith.'
                          Patina and wear is something I'd be looking for too. I like the combo myself, just wanted to hear other's opinions. What makes you think the pin has been worked from the original?

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by tinmantis View Post
                            Robert,

regards
                            jon
                            Hi jon,

Not in hand, no, still at dealers. Yes, it seems to be made with original parts, but as you say, without a maker's mark it's more of a 'leap of faith.'
                            Patina and wear is something I'd be looking for too. I like the combo myself, just wanted to hear other's opinions. What makes you think the pin has been worked from the original?

Robert

Comment

Doing some searches in the archives I'm not coming up with anything good with the Meybauer '9' in 1914, and the '4' is a closed-top '4', something very unusual - not sure if this '9' or '4' can be attributed to Meybauer.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X