MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knightscross of the iron Cross - Lot of the Generals der Gebirgsjäger Karl Eglseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenneth wolfe View Post
    No one wants to watch the cow being slaughtered but everyone loves their hamburger.

Kenneth
    You got it Ken.....thats why I'm vegetarian !

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Originally posted by kenneth wolfe View Post
      Well when you think about it, where do you think most of the items brought back by American vets came from? It think it would be safe to say at least half of the items brought back came from dead German soldiers. No one wants to watch the cow being slaughtered but everyone loves their hamburger.

Kenneth
      I suppose the point I'm trying to make is this. There are items that are in fairly decent shape that don't indicate how someone died. I would think a relative looking at these items would always be reminded of the god aweful way he died, rather than what a great person he was. Maybe that's just me.

Yes as some have eluded to, there are helmets with holes, hair, blood and bone still inside. Those type fit the in the same bracket.

But in a hobby like this who really knows WHERE the pieces came from. Not all dirty grubby items came from dead soldiers and not all pristine items came from the factory either.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
        I suppose the point I'm trying to make is this. There are items that are in fairly decent shape that don't indicate how someone died. I would think a relative looking at these items would always be reminded of the god aweful way he died, rather than what a great person he was. Maybe that's just me.

Yes as some have eluded to, there are helmets with holes, hair, blood and bone still inside. Those type fit the in the same bracket.

But in a hobby like this who really knows WHERE the pieces came from. Not all dirty grubby items came from dead soldiers and not all pristine items came from the factory either.
        That's so true and I as a collector like items that have been on the field because I enjoy and love the history of such items.

Comment

I have a JG 302 "Wide Sau" night fighter group that contains the damaged pilot badge recovered from his body after he was shot down and killed. It was returned to his parents w/ his log book, etc....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X