AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knightscross of the iron Cross - Lot of the Generals der Gebirgsjäger Karl Eglseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knightscross of the iron Cross - Lot of the Generals der Gebirgsjäger Karl Eglseer

Anyone see that update on Detlev's Site today? There is mention of the General's demise in a plane crash in June 1944. As part of the grouping are the charred remains of a RK, Shoulder Board and a Pocket Watch ! Anyone thinking what I'm thinking?

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
    Anyone see that update on Detlev's Site today? There is mention of the General's demise in a plane crash in June 1944. As part of the grouping are the charred remains of a RK, Shoulder Board and a Pocket Watch ! Anyone thinking what I'm thinking?
    What are you thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin V. View Post
      What are you thinking?
      Nothing much other than these three pieces were taken off his smoldering corpse perhaps. Rather gruesome, but you would have to think that is the case considering there is no RK in the grouping and the other items were more than likely on his person at the time ....

Comment

For those without DN access:

a.
        Attached Files

Comment

b.
          Attached Files

Comment

c.
            Attached Files

Comment

It looks indeed that it is removed from the body.
              But I see no difference between this and the dug-up ss-helmets some guys have in their collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico C View Post
                It looks indeed that it is removed from the body.
                But I see no difference between this and the dug-up ss-helmets some guys have in their collection.
                True, but it makes you wonder why they would grab things in this condition off a body. Would the family (which I assume received these items) really want these grizzly reminders?

Comment

True, but it makes you wonder why they would grab things in this condition off a body. Would the family (which I assume received these items) really want these grizzly reminders?
                  It would be like the police bringing you the charred reading glasses from a relative lost in a car accident

Comment

If it should have belonged to my father, I would indeed want it.
                    I would have cherished it.

Comment

It would be like the police bringing you the charred reading glasses from a relative lost in a car accident
                      I think there's a little difference between smoldering body parts and a watch.
                      I can see family members wanting-accepting these types of items, as there was probably not much else available to present to the family from his remains.

best
                      Hank
                      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Well

Well when you think about it, where do you think most of the items brought back by American vets came from? It think it would be safe to say at least half of the items brought back came from dead German soldiers. No one wants to watch the cow being slaughtered but everyone loves their hamburger.

Kenneth

Comment

I didn't see the description with these items but maybe they were found at the site of the plane wreck post war? Someone with an intrest kept them as a souvineer?

Comment

Thats funny (unless you are the relative of course) Whats the price $100 ? perhaps $150 for some burnt bits and bobs .Rob
                            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

how true kenneth!

Gen. Eglseer's body was buried after the planecrash in southern Austria, so i think the damadged items were recovered right after the accident.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X