• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mm3

now the MM3
    Attached Files

Comment

Raul,

That's a beautiful court-mounted cross, and the marked '3' is very nice with it's frosted beading. This shows me that these crosses with the flaws were made before the end of the war period. I have heard, and don't know how trustworthy this is, that the flawed crosses were made only after the war period, and were made with no frosting on the beading. But here's the example with the flaw and the frosting, disolving any doubts about them being made only after the war's end. Thank you all for posting your photos. These will go into the archives as good reference for all.

Robert

Comment

Mm3

Robert,
        It is my pleasure that this helps answer some questions to our hobby; and I have not heard or read "that the flawed crosses were made only after the war period, and were made with no frosting on the beading".
        But this is good to know, whether it is true or not.

Raul

Comment

Originally posted by Raul View Post
          Robert,
          It is my pleasure that this helps answer some questions to our hobby; and I have not heard or read "that the flawed crosses were made only after the war period, and were made with no frosting on the beading".
          But this is good to know, whether it is true or not.

Raul
          Raul,

Yes, it is good to know that these flawed frames were used during the war period. How these rumors get started I do not know. I have a book written by a dealer that dispells a lot of what he called 'truisms'. He defines these 'truisms' as thoughts that have been accepted because of them being stated often. I especially like the truth of anything, in this case, this flaw rumor. That's one of the main reasons I joined this forum. I wanted to be absolutely sure that what I was buying was the genuine article. I haven't lost that desire over the years, in fact, it's grown stronger with the introduction of even finer copies on the market today. I consider myself to still be a novice after 7-8 years of collecting TR awards because there is just SO much to learn.

Thanks for your help, Raul

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X