EKII Deumer 3 Die Flaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII Deumer 3 Die Flaw

For the sake of having a thread in the archives, I thought I'd add this latest Deumer marked '3' EKII. The flaw is found on the beading on the top of the cross, left hand side.

Robert
    Attached Files

the flaw...
    Attached Files

Comment

Mine doesn't have it. Checked it front and back, all four arms, not there.

best
      Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Neither does my other Deumer EKII. It's unmarked and probably an earlier cross before the die started having problems.

Robert

Comment

Hello

I have a 57 re-issue EK2, ring stamped '3' for Deumer. Made of either left over wartime frames or manufactured on the wartime dies to the same standard, mine very distinctly shows this flaw. I will post some photos of it in a bit, but it would appear, as Robert suggests, that this is a progresive die flaw.

Regards
          David
          Last edited by DavidM; 02-11-2007, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Hello

Here is a photo of the twelve O clock arm of my 57 Deumer EK2. The flaw is quite prominent, and also, as would be expected, features on the reverse arm as well.

Regards
            David

Edit:
            Sorry the photo is a bit dark, but not much daylight in the UK at the moment.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the flaw on my Deumer. The flaw is significantly more pronounced on the reverse frame and until I took the photo it looked like the obverse was clear.
              Obverse......
              Attached Files

Comment

and the reverse...
                Attached Files

Comment

Interesting. Are these flawed 1939 Deumer crosses pre-1945? Post-war? Any real evidence of flawed crosses with genuine wartime wear? A photo of a wartime cross with this flaw would be helpful.

Robert

Comment

None of my Deumers (one "3" and two "L/11s") have this flaw.
                    George

Comment

Here is mine....
                      Attached Files

Comment

reverse....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Adrian,

It looks like yours has the same flaw. A very worn cross. This is what I was wanting to see. Thanks.

Robert

Comment

No problem Robert,
                            The flaws aren't as clear on these photos as on the close ups I posted this morning but it is definately the same cross.
                            It possibly shows that Deumer made a large quantity of frames before assembling the crosses judging by the front and rear frames on my example as the front flaw is not so pronounced as the one on the back, therefore showing the front frame was made alot earlier than the rear. Depending on how fast the flaw got worse of course.

Comment

Mm3

I have a MM3 that has the same die flaw and a court mounted L/11 that does not. Here is the picture of both.

Raul
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X