No announcement yet.

An eBay F.Zimmermann EKI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes a very strange Zimmerman, dont know what to say?
    Mikael

Comment

It's hard to see on Mikael's cross, but on my F. Zimm the first '9' in 1939 is slightly higher than the '3'. Right where the bevel of the number meets the flat core, it's higher. On the mint eBay example the '3' in 1939 is higher than the first '9'. They have copied the beading pretty well, especially the detail of the beading in the corners next to the swasi, but not perfectly. And I still think the beading is too narrow for a F.Zimm. I would not want to gamble with this piece. I don't feel comfortable with it. It has the same frosted finish that every badge this seller has on eBay.

Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

I just want any off them to examin close!!!!
        Mikael

Comment

I still say there's similarities to mine. But admit, the frosting looks kinda wierd... Also, the inner corners on the EBay cross seem to be more heavily filed/worked.

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Well,

Here we are stumbling over what's good and questionable in this cross. The seller IS good about PR. He'll refund anything if a buyer is not totally happy with the purchase. Like Mikael said, he'd like to have it in-hand to examine closer. I'm still shaking my head over the maker mark...it's really odd. My question or statement is, are the fakers getting so good to even match the beading design and paint texture?!! What to do....

If it's a mint piece, and I don't buy it, it's my great loss. If I buy it and it's not original, I'm just out shiping fees and temporary held-up finances.

I think I'd do better finding one that's TEXTBOOK! Will you sell me yours, Mickael or Hank? I'm just kidding.

Robert

Comment

Robert, i also think you will do better with an other cross. I have putted the E-bay Cross next to an other of mine and it also seems to differ betwen the pins. The left one look thinner and moore rounded and also it looks like it reaches outside of the lower edge of the cross. But on the other hand, if seller refunds it might be worth to have an closer look at it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Mikael,

This 'clinched' the nail for me - The pin is different..by too much, the catch is different, etc., etc.

I'll let it go...not what I want!

Thanks you for this photo. It really helped.

Robert

Comment

No problem at all.

Comment

Well as you know i want it and that for a close look. Very close look got some 6`s to compare it whit, but then ebay is evilbay.
                    Mikael

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                    Mikael,

This 'clinched' the nail for me - The pin is different..by too much, the catch is different, etc., etc.

I'll let it go...not what I want!

Thanks you for this photo. It really helped.

Robert

Comment

Just to say if any think Mikesouth is same as i, ur way wrong. But i belive he live south off me in Sweden.
                      Hehe we share the same name
                      Mikael

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X