An eBay F.Zimmermann EKI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An eBay F.Zimmermann EKI?

Posted here are photos from the seller on eBay. Any thoughts on this cross and it's stamp?

Robert
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I don't like it, ...the original maker mark is a little smaller and square.

Comment

Here is an close-up from an Ek 1 Mm 6 also makred high up on the needle.
        Attached Files

Comment

Zimmerman (6.) seems to have marked all over the needle. Personally, a quick compare with mine - especially pin shape - looks good. I'd go for it, if it was relatively affordable, or I really needed one.

Here's mine:
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=190870

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Here I made a picture to compare, with the same width of the pin, maker mark doesn't match.
            Attached Files

Comment

Alikn,

Thank you very much for your hard work with photos. I agree fully. The only thing I remotely like about this cross is the texture of the paint. It's close to the F. Zimm's. Other than that, it stinks!

Robert

Comment

It'd still be interesting to see, if the seller would provide good, clear, straight on front and back pix. That'd clear everything up with a quickness.

However, that might be why there ISN'T nice straight on shots.

Still, as I said before, if it was affordable, I might take a chance on it. But I already have one, so that's not happening.

Alikn, nice comparison work.

best to all
                Hank
                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Hank, this is all 'quadmilitaria' offered. I just returned a PAB FFL43 last week I bought from him. His items (badges anyway) all seem to have the same finish, the same wear. I'm very cautious and suspicious of his items. This looks like one more of his 'questionable' items on eBay.

I have been wrong in the past, but this just does not look like a F. Zimmermann to me. I'm expecting to see the large beading attributed to this maker, although I do know that this firm also produced or used another frame during their wartime production of stamped EK's, at least the EKII version. On this badge the stamp is just TOO large to convince me, and why up on the hinge? Odd.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                    Hank, this is all 'quadmilitaria' offered. ...edit.... On this badge the stamp is just TOO large to convince me, and why up on the hinge? Odd.

Robert
                    Don't get me wrong Robert. Definitely not trying to convince here, I'm just on the "could be good" side. As posted above, straight on shots from front and back would be what we need, and that might be just the reason there aren't any. And I definitely wouldn't pay top dollar for it, as you say, it's just too "iffy".

best
                    Hank

Comment

I'll try and get more photos here...

Tobert

Comment

As Hankmeister said, it might be the angle of the photos doint it, but i dont think the outer corners/points looks like FZS. FZS crosses got shorter moore rounded points where the two parts meets and are joint.The points at the showed cross looks quit long and sharp, but might be the pics angle doing it.

Edit : I added an pic. where i tried to have it taken in an steep angle.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Mickesouth; 02-09-2007, 01:51 AM. Reason: Adding picture.

Comment

Mihael,

What a beautiful cross!!!!!! Look at that beading. Now that's a F. Zimmermann, and my hearts-desire!

I'm still waiting for the seller to send photos. Nothing yet.

Robert

Comment

More photos from seller...

Robert
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X