EK2 Spange. Not Looking Good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Spange. Not Looking Good.

I posted this EK2 Spange at the request of another member under a different thread. I've had a couple of responses saying it's a fake, which kills me because I thought this was a nice piece that looked good in my collection. I have no reason to doubt the opinions of the members who commented, but seeing it was posted under an old thread about an EK2 Shinkel, I thought I'd start a new thread with a proper title. I bought this piece atteched to a 1914 EK2 back in July here on the estand. Before I contact the seller I would like a few more opinions or some feedback. Here's the original link and some pictures. Thanks for helping.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=196675&page=2
    Attached Files

Here's another shot. This is all very dissapointing. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

sadly i would had to add to the ney sayers. based on the face, the date plaque, and the difference between the inner wing area i would not add it to my collection.

Comment

It's a very frequently encountered repro.
        George

Comment

sorry, but yes it's a repro. Quite a common one, and easy to spot
          hope you can get the refund
          regards
          jon

Comment

is it marked by any chance?
            regards
            jon

Comment

Hi am am Carsten from Denmark. I have been a collector/historian for some years and i have a "few" items. i am a newbie to this forum, but i hope that i can contribute whit some real items. Heres my spange and i hope its for real bec. its was wery expensive. ( how do i post pic in here?)

Comment

Hi carsten,

you can't post pics unless your an association (=paying) member.

You can mail the pics to:
                benbijker@cs.com
                and I will post them.

best regards,
                Ben

Comment

Here are the reverses of two of these fake Spangen. The one on the left is marked "L/4" (a totally phony LdO number) and the one on the right is marked "21".
                  Attached Files
                  George

Comment

I owned one of these marked 21 before. Fake.
                    pseudo-expert

Comment

Thanks guys. I never looked on the back because I was afraid to break off the pins. The seller is an active member here and probably wasn't aware of the status of this piece. Even though it's been a number of months I am going to contact him and see if we can work something out. The opinions here should help my case. What a drag. Steve

Comment

If you need yet another opinion, look at page 463 of Gordon Williamson's The Iron Cross of 1939. Same fake.
                        George

Comment

Thanks. I have the book here and am checking it out.

Comment

Certainly looks like the one from the book, and the piece does have a good quality construction to it.

Comment

Hello,

I would say a fake based on the fact that it looks like a cartoon.

William Kramer
                              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X