RK Award document on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
    Sal, you don't need to bid! Make him an offer and it's yours!

And I don't think he advertised. He asked, he showed it and he sell it. What is wrong with that? Happens every day in the free world!
    Sal, thanks for that clarity.

Comment

Lists

Didn't mean it was not legit, just wondered who it was, I didn't note that info in the auction? . To me knowing about the awardee is as attractive as the item itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin V. View Post
        I already made the first bid on this wonderfull piece of history!!!!

sincerely kevin (warfight)

.... (I've got better for you....much better....more expensive too)
        Pieter.
        SUUM CUIQUE ...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen View Post
          .... (I've got better for you....much better....more expensive too)
          Pieter.

...to be sure to offend no one ...RK mappe on ebay is a super piece, no question.
          Pieter.
          SUUM CUIQUE ...
          sigpic

Comment

Robert
            What happend with the auction ?
            Cheers Randy

Comment

Someone made me an offer for a price I considered fair. Unless their funding falls through, this document should have a new home.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                Sal, you don't need to bid! Make him an offer and it's yours!

And I don't think he advertised. He asked, he showed it and he sell it. What is wrong with that? Happens every day in the free world!
                There is nothing terribly wrong with it but it is not exactly straight forward either. When one puts up something for auction then the bidders should have a chance to buy it if they are the highest bidder. I am sure Robert wouldn't be happy if someone decided to use the auction to see how high an item would go for and bid and bid, won the auction and then said he was not really going to buy it but , rather, wanted to see how high the other bidders would go before they dropped out.

So if you see my point, not exactly 100% fair to the folks who in good faith put in a bid on what they thought was a legitimate auction.

Best, Sal

Comment

Don't see your point at all, Sal. No one on this forum should be surprised I was trying to sell it, and a number of people emailed me asking about price - if anyone had seriously been interested in buying it for the price I wanted, the deal would end there. As far as Ebay, people make offers off-line for a buy it now option all the time - that's why Ebay offers the Item no Longer available option to end it.

As far as me being under some form of moral obligation to run the auction through to endex, I completely reject that. Buying offline is normal, and commonly done. If you or anyone else had an offer, then my email, this forum mail system, or ebays system are all viable means for transmitting such an offer.

Comment

Robert that is incorrect. In fact this goes against the ebay stated rules in a number of ways.

Comment

Congrats wtih the sale .
                      I know this doc wil have a new home .
                      Anyone who can pay for such a doc as this , has to love it .
                      Cheers Randy

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                        ...edit.... Buying offline is normal, and commonly done....edit...
                        Actually, in my few years of eBay experience, the offline offers have ALWAYS been lower than what the final selling price was or would be.

I've done it both ways: made offline offers, and received offline offers. Mostly in the hopes the seller doesn't know what they might really realize.

best
                        Hank
                        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I wonder how ebay would feel if they knew how much of a commision they missed out on.
                          Last edited by Don Doering; 12-10-2006, 12:09 PM.
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

Congratulations to the new owner. It is a very lovely urkunde and mappe.

I do not participate in private auctions where I have no idea what the bids are. Just leaves me feeling uncomfortable. Well, either way, I didn't participate because there is no way to verify the bidding.

The whole thing left a bad feeling. I hope Robert pays Ebay their commission, on the full sale price. If Ebay services were used, they deserve theitr commission.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                              Congratulations to the new owner. It is a very lovely urkunde and mappe.

I do not participate in private auctions where I have no idea what the bids are. Just leaves me feeling uncomfortable. Well, either way, I didn't participate because there is no way to verify the bidding.

The whole thing left a bad feeling. I hope Robert pays Ebay their commission, on the full sale price. If Ebay services were used, they deserve theitr commission.

Bob Hritz
                              E-bay !!! these Switserland guy's are thieves .
                              They suspended me 4 times .
                              And afther my 5 another e-mail adres , and e-bay name .
                              They made me pay for my last auction 's on my (4) name .
                              Thieves
                              Why ? Suspend me and my auction . OK , I was not legal with the rules
                              And afther with a new name asking for $$$$$
                              for the auction ended by them
                              Rubbish .
                              Cheers Randy

Comment

Because you hate the oil and gas companies do you fill up and drive off without paying?
                                pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X