Star Of The Grand Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tallfruit View Post
    as i said in my first post i never thought it was genuine but wanted to know if it was a real iron cross as it looks good right down to the 3 part construction which most fakes dont have
    Yes we know, i think peter replied that question, telling that the ek on your star is a latvian fake

Comment

Originally posted by tallfruit View Post
      as i said in my first post i never thought it was genuine but wanted to know if it was a real iron cross as it looks good right down to the 3 part construction which most fakes dont have
      Many Iron Cross 1 class fakes do have a "3 part" construction. Frame, core and reverse plate as individual parts. Do not let anyone fool you on that.

Cheers.
      Peter

Comment

I like it
        Copy or not

Comment

Originally posted by Maj. Konig View Post
          Here is a pic of the real cross
          Hi Steve , The one you posted doesn't match with the one we saw at West Point ...here's the thread--
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=west+point

Comment

I have a few tastes too look
            Attached Files

Comment

or
              Attached Files

Comment

and even a bullion version, rarest of all ...
                Attached Files

Comment

Anyway, keep up the search

Comment

Hi Tallfruit,
                    the backing star appears very similar to the Imperial award the `Hamburg Cross`

Ashley

Comment

Hi

I have a copy of both the WW1 and WW2 variety of this award (only oddity being that the WW1 is silver instead of gold). Your star has the oddity of the additional circle behind the EK 1. If anyone is interested in photos let me know and I'll happily post them. Mine came from a supplier in Poland and are of OK quality (not that they would ever fool anyboddy). They are certainly nowhere near the quality of yours, which looks to be either made for a museum or as an outright fake of one of the original copies.

BTW there is if memory serves only one genuine one (Ailsby quotes 3 but only examined 1), but I believe Souval or some such company, got commissioned to make v.v.v.good replicas post war for museums. Maybe yours was made for a museum display????? Yours is correctly named 'Rath of Munich'. Most copies use the backing from the German Eagle order (I think) as a starting point.

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X