Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Of The Grand Cross

hi
    okay i know this is probbaly a repro and if it wasnt id be jumping about like a fool but my question is more if this is a repro did they use original ek`s to make them s it looks a good ek even down to the 3 part construction anyway nice to look at if nothing else
    Attached Files

back

i know you cant see the pin in this photo but it is there
    Attached Files

Comment

next

oky not the best lighting but you can make out the three part construction on the cross
      Attached Files

Comment

next

closer shot of cross
        Attached Files

Comment

last one

just added this photo to see the case it comes in case has an eale on top
          Attached Files

Comment

Only one Star of the Grand Cross was made, and it currently rests at USMA West Point. I was lucky enough to see it in person on my army officer visit to West Point. Plus this cross would be worth literaly millions because it is the highest award of the Deutsches Reich and was never awarded.

Comment

Here is a pic of the real cross
              Attached Files

Comment

It is not know if there is only one
                Let me quote Christopher Ailsby on his book "A collector's guide to Wrold War 2 German Medals and Political Awards"

"It has been estated that only one example has been encountered(...), i have encountered two other examples one which i had the opportunity to examine and believe to be original"
                he also says that that one varies slightly from the one at west point
                Last edited by Tiger89; 10-28-2006, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Photo on Ailsby's book: (star at west point museum)

Comment

Hmmm ... both medals in the pictures is supposed to be the one at West Point?

That's funny because they are different.

Comment

I dont think the one Stephen posted is the real one, it is a pic from the wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of...the_Iron_Cross
                      And who knows if its the original one, but the one i posted is the one at the book, page 43, and he says its the one from west point

Comment

Hi,If that was a genuine star it would be in hallmarked silver gilt.Yours looks like its made of brass.
                        Regards Franco

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
                          Hi,If that was a genuine star it would be in hallmarked silver gilt.Yours looks like its made of brass.
                          Regards Franco
                          The one i posted?

Comment

tallfruit
                            I am sorry but i think it is from the same source as this "Latvian" fake. See photo below.

Peter
                            Attached Files

Comment

as i said in my first post i never thought it was genuine but wanted to know if it was a real iron cross as it looks good right down to the 3 part construction which most fakes dont have

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X