No announcement yet.

Ek2 "55"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sal,lots of different numbers pop up all the time. No conspiracy I would say
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by Sal Williams View Post
      I agree Don a lot of these popped up recently, but the difference is that there were always a number of threads with pics of them to compare to for a very long time. I got my 55 not too long ago and at that time there were almost none on any thread on all of the site. Now I have seen a bunch of these pop up. coupled with the horrible quality of them got me wondering.

best, Sal
      Anytime you have an influx you need to look at it with a critical eye. On the other hand look at badges. If one guy starts a halfway decent thread on a pab others will suddenly chime in that they have the exact same one generating even more interest and responses. Sorta becomes the topic of the day.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by ddoering View Post
        Sal, you'll start losing your hair if you keep worrying so much. What will Sam think then?
        Like Sampson I will be weak as a baby!

Comment

Originally posted by ddoering View Post
          Anytime you have an influx you need to look at it with a critical eye. On the other hand look at badges. If one guy starts a halfway decent thread on a pab others will suddenly chime in that they have the exact same one generating even more interest and responses. Sorta becomes the topic of the day.
          Yeah I agree Don but I started this thread based on what I saw recently not what I saw after the thread see what I mean?

Dion, I think it is real too by the "feel" of it, but you have to admit its odd that so many came up lately and the quality seems so below TR standards! I just don't know. I don't want to start a panic, it really is not such a big deal but I had a thought. If anyone had an EK1 "55" and the frame looked the same, then one could look at the reverse set up and see if it matched other badges by that maker. This would be a good indication of it being good.
          I know this is just an EK2 but what the hell i think it is good to know and do detective work on all pieces. Just good for the hobby don't ya think?

Best, Sal

(kinda what makes TR collecting fun in a way)

Comment

I bought mine three years ago. I agree it's a good idea to do detective work on this stuff, I wish I had done more of it earlier!

Comment

Rob Johnson's 55 looked pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
                Rob Johnson's 55 looked pretty good.
                Thanks, Steve. I bought it about a year ago from Deltev.

Comment

Nice photos Rob.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking View Post
                    Nice photos Rob.

Peter
                    Thanks! Natural sunlight

Comment

This one looks a 'bit dodgy Guv'.

http://www.manions.com/bid/bid.aspx?...4&pic=20060919

Something not right here - and I don't just mean the price. Look at the ribbon suspension ring - not the best join in the world and those inner frames - horrid stuff.

Regards ...

Comment

ek2 mm 55

Here are two that I posted yesterday under another post. First one looks in pretty good shape weight 17.80 gr.without the same flaws as the second cross.
                        The second cross has multiple flaws to the beeding as noted in the pics and the weight is 16.90 gr.
                        Dimensions on height.width are close, both with magnetic cores.both marked 55. Frame finishes are different.
                        As I stated in my other post I beleive that it is contributed to poor workmanship.

Regards Rick Schmid

First pic w/out flaws
                        Attached Files

Comment

ek2 mm55

w/out flaws front
                          Attached Files

Comment

ek 2 mm55

w/out flaws rear
                            Attached Files

Comment

ek2 mm55

with multiple flaws 16.90 gr.
                              Attached Files

Comment

ek2 mm55

multiple flaws rear 16.90 gr.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X