X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With KC 1957 Steinhauer & Lueck

Hi All,
    I am looking at this 1957 Steinhauer & Lueck Knights cross
    I know WHY? i think this will ba a good starter then save for the real thing

So I need some clues on this piece was this made 1957?
    the oaks have a stamp of 900 on the sword

I thankyou in advance for yuor expert opinions

regards Peter

The cross is the second model of the 1957 die so it was made way after 1957. It looks very, very new to me. Clearly not early. Save your money.
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hi Dietrich,
      thanks for slapping me back to my senses .... What was I thinking
      I'll wait for a piece with some character
      regrads Peter

Comment

Dietrich is correct. This set is not early 1957. It is resent set and some of these can be found with L/12 markings

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,
          yes I have seen the L/12's as well ...by the way how much would a good
          1939 L/12 go for now ? I have been laying low for a while and just come back on to do some more digging
          regards Peter

Comment

Kc

That depends if you want a case, full length ribbon, cross condition, how marked, i.e.-L/12 800, 800 dot, and so forth. These days, for an average L/12 marked Junker cross ALONE, be ready to spend $10,000.00. Of course, that figure may be up for debate because it depends on so many factors, but I believe that's pretty close.
            Last edited by ekhunter; 08-30-2006, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ekhunter View Post
              That depends if you want a case, full length ribbon, cross condition, how marked, i.e.-L/12 800, 800 dot, and so forth. These days, for an average L/12 marked Junker cross ALONE, be ready to spend $10,000.00. Of course, that figure may be up for debate because it depends on so many factors, but I believe that's pretty close.
              There is a documented L/12 for sale here;
              http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPa...dals/M-044.htm

It is described as being early-war period and showing evidence of having been worn by the recipient in the field for quite a while.....

But the ribbon looks new and the KC document photocopy shows a March 1944 date.

Comment

What is with the loop on the L/12 shown on the Ruptured Duck site?

Described as being bent, but looks to have been messed with using pliers or some other hard tool?

Tony
                An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger 1 View Post
                  What is with the loop on the L/12 shown on the Ruptured Duck site?

Described as being bent, but looks to have been messed with using pliers or some other hard tool?

Tony

Tony, I doubt that the loop is original to the Cross. In fact I doubt that it's even a Juncker loop. The finish at the tip is completely atypical!
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,

I'm referring to the ring at the top of the KC. The one that is integral with the frame. For $16.5K no less!

Tony
                    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Yes, it looks to have been through the ringer alright!!
                      Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

$16,500.00

Peter

Comment

Rk

And to think that this Ritterkreuz wasn't issued until March of 44. Now what is a early war Junker just sitting around for until 44, and then to get beat up like that in a year. Note the wear on the eye. Hmmmm!

Comment

Hallo, I think, for all I can see on the RD-page, the RK is original and only treated badly, surely made before 08/ 44, but I agree, it is indeed unusual to have it worn like that in just one year! Maybe a mixed convolute, ready to create a nice story?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X