How I became a KC collector!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warfight
    A picture like that will be posted in the near future!!!!
    Did you post a picture of all your KC's together as I would love to see that one as I am sure you have a very nice collection??
    I try to collect all different makers and also the different versions!!! I also collect attributed items!!!

Currently I am looking for
    A Godet
    A Zimmermann
    A 3/4 ose
    Schickle

I think this search will be much harder!!!!

Sincerely
    No, I didn´t post a picture of all my KCs together. But I have posted seperate pictures of most of them here earlier. Today I don´t have more than a handful left.
    I could have helped you with three of the four you are looking for!
    I think Schrijnen told me that the KC he wore he had been given by a collector. He wore it correctly showing the 1939 side!

Comment

Kevin and me

Well,
      since I am mentioned in this thread, I feel like posting something too.
      Pretty everything Kevin says here seems right.
      He was introduced to the militaria hobby as a 14 year old kid coming to my place and buying mainly British WWII webbing and small stuff.

The older he got, the more serious his collecting field evolved.
      So now he ended up as a KC collector, inspired by Pieter of course
      And supported by his lovely girlfriend who is almost as nice as a KC with oak leaves, swords and diamonds...

I would like to give some more info about the reunion we went to and about Remy Schrijnen whom we met there.
      It was at the Köln Wahnheide in November 1994. We attended to the remembrance celebration at the local military graveyard (Ehrenfriedhof) and then we were present at theofficial reunion of the KC bearers association. All that day Remy Schrijnen was our host since we were the only Flemisch guys present ( as far as I know of )
      He was very kind and was very happy to see that the "youth of Flanders" ( in this case Kevin and me) was still very interested in the history of the Flemisch soldiers that 40 years earlier fought at the Eastern front.

Schrijnen was wearing his particular KC, that he once got from a symphatizer (collector) but he told anyone that asked him so that this was his original KC.

In the folowing pictures you can see all his awards, I let the experts judge on the KC itself, since I don't know sh** about them.

Another interesting picture shows Remy with Kretschmer and Karl Heinz Gustavsson. They all are wearing KC's, but Gustavsson was later expelled from the KC bearers association for he was never awarded the KC !! He was nominated, but it was never approved !!! But until the 1990ies he kept coming to the reunions wearing "his" KC and he was on the OdR members list. Fellgiebel found out that Gustavsson never was attributed the KC. So he was expelled .

Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger89
        Kevin, thats a really nice story...
        But, i saw that someone asked something...
        How many RKs do you have?
        And,....how many RKs can you affort to pay over a year?

....want a number????...when he last visited me he told me I was still ahead with seven pieces....so ..."82"...

Pieter.

PS About his job ....no...I'm not gonna tell you....
        SUUM CUIQUE ...
        sigpic

Comment

[quote=Pieter Verbruggen
          PS About his job ....no...I'm not gonna tell you....[/quote]

believe me, you don't wanna know !
          pw
          Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

I do not know about KEVIN's first job,but his second job must be to make us envious of him.

Comment

...but he will change his interest soon....I'm working on it...I hardly get him out of my SS-room when he's visiting....

Pieter.

PS ...and his job is...
              Attached Files
              SUUM CUIQUE ...
              sigpic

Comment

I can also tell that PIETER is dying to show us his own collection but.....

Comment

but ... he has no digital camera!
                  "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

Werner,
                    Thank you for photos and that was quite an interesting story about Gustavsson,
                    he got what he deserved
                    ----------------
                    Robert

Comment

sure a old thread, but what i here read its very sad:
                      some stuff from Remy S. stolen at the migration to the care/old peoples home

http://forum.balsi.de/index.php?acti...num_replies=18

Comment

I myself am interested in weather Kevin had ever picked up any of the few odd RK's on his want list? An old thread but interesting read just the same! Kevin sounds like a true of the RK collectors!
                        As for anything stolen from Remy! If it makes it to the net for sale? I hope a sharp collector can turn in the seller as a crook! and the person get's what he deserves! JAIL TIME!!!!
                        Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X