No announcement yet.

looking at this rk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so the cross is a early post war (with in the first 5 years) according to Mr. Dietrich's research, would you think the ribbon would also be post war or made during the war then just matched with a cross? and how much would if you guys were gonna get one pay for? and the history of the person who it was awarded to
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anthony Evans; 05-13-2006, 11:21 PM.

Comment

also are post war crosses considered repros?
      Attached Files

Comment

Anthony, anything made postwar is considered a repop. The fakers are trying to reproduce what was from a previous time. If even they used the same dies as they have...it's still considered a reproduction.

Comment

but it wouldnt be fakers that made the cross, it is made from a legitimate company that made them for people that earned the cross.

Comment

"but it wouldnt be fakers that made the cross, it is made from a legitimate company that made them for people that earned the cross."

That same legitimate company also made them for anyone (i.e., non-RK winners -- collectors, dealers, etc.) who had the money to pay for them.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
            George

Comment

thank you to every one that has helped me out in this thread and others, come here shortly im gonna have to put my collecting on hold

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans
                thank you to every one that has helped me out in this thread and others, come here shortly im gonna have to put my collecting on hold
                Don´t give up, man! Take photos and post them here and ask for opinions. I dare to say that there is no collector in the world that hasn´t had fakes in his collection sometime. Some members here found out not long ago, that two of my TDBs were fakes. It hurt, but at the same time I was happy to be informed.

Comment

im never gonna stop collecting i love this hobby and the interesting people with in it, my job has me going west of california for about 6 months

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X