looking at this rk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking at this rk

wanted the forum idea on this rk, ive talked to another member and gotten his 2 cents just want the general concensis
    Attached Files

another
    Attached Files

Comment

front of cross
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Based on those photos i say it is a cross from Steinhauer & Luck.

Cheers.
          Peter

Comment

S&l

If it is marked 935 only w/o a 4, which is how it appears, and it has a non ferrous core, then it is probably a post war S&L. if the die flaws are the same, then it will be a dead give away too. If it is how I described it, I have one just like it. The finish even looks the same.

Comment

the cross is magnetic

Comment

Kc

One things for sure, it's not exactly like my post war S&L. I don't recall any pre 45 Crosses with just the 935 mark alone. I have seen some post war manufactured crosses with the 935 mark alone. THe font seems small for a post war S&L, but it could just be the picture. You'll have to hope the KC experts chime in on this one.

Comment

It is a B-Type S&L and made after the 935-4. Even with a magnetic core I consider this type of cross post war made.

Dietrich
                  B&D PUBLISHING
                  Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

so whats the difference between a late war cross and a post war

Comment

Hello Anthony,

Please read the article by Dietrich, on this Forum, entitled: St&L Die Flaw Article. Your questions will be answered.

Bob Hritz
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

-

IMO post war.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz
                          Hello Anthony,

Please read the article by Dietrich, on this Forum, entitled: St&L Die Flaw Article. Your questions will be answered.

Bob Hritz

YUP. This is an excellent read and I recommend it to anyone trying to learn about RK's. This article helped answer many questions I had but was afraid to ask out of fear of looking...well, stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson
                            YUP. This is an excellent read and I recommend it to anyone trying to learn about RK's. This article helped answer many questions I had but was afraid to ask out of fear of looking...well, stupid

"....stupid" No way!

At the cost of these things today you had better ask questions!

There was quite an effort and sharing of information to define and identify what the 'casual' collector might use to determine 'post war' production.

If folks didn't ask questions....sometimes 'hard questions', it wouldn't have occured.

That said, ask away!
                            Regards,
                            Dave

Comment

Most long time collectors can relate thay (myself included) have felt the sting of discovery a treasure, in the collection, is actually a piece of trash. What we have today is very fast access to the best minds in the hobby who are always willing to lend a hand to a collector who is serious about building a fine collection of original material.

These forums, and many others, are the best source of information which is up to date. It is necessary to spend the time to research the many important articles and posts to gain insight into the specific articles one collects.

No question is foolish. However, the questions that seem to get the more detailed responses are those where research has not answered or has not made clear a specific question. i know I had to read Dietrich Maertz's article numerous times and refer back to photos and crosses to make sure what I was reading was being correctly interpreted, in my tired old mind.

Good luck on your search for an original Knight's Cross and rest assured that with PATIENCE, you will find the one you want and that will be original next year, when this year's generation of fakes are discovered.

Bob Hritz
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X