No announcement yet.

Is it a fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I have contacted the dealer and he still feels that the cross is real . I have told him what I think is wrong with cross. I think the beading is wrong it over laps on the cross's points. Also the swastika seem's to large for the cross. Also I feel the pin is very wrong on the piece. I have explained my feelings to the dealer. Would some of the members please gave there reasons as to why the cross is fake just so I have some other opinions on it to show the dealer. He said he will take the cross back and give me a refund if he finds it to be fake

Thanks alot guys

Comment

Another one of those "Money Back Guarantees" ... only thing, you have to "convince" the seller he sold you a fake ... always the hard thing to do ...

Hope it works out for you.

Comment

Here is one of those fakes. Same frame and core as yours. Marked L/54 on the needle. See how crude the inner corners meet the swastika with large gaps.

Obverse:
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is the L/54 marking on the needle. This marking on these fakes can be found placed on the backplate above the catch/retaining hook as well. These fakes are in most cases i know of found as "old" with artificial patina.

Reverse:
          Attached Files

Comment

Yet another fake same as yours with same core and same frame as your fake. I will show you that this piece of junk is marked L/17.

Obverse:
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the L/17 marking. Note the artificial patina. We now have a L/54 and L/17 marking on the same type of frame and core. This is no good!

Reverse:
              Attached Files

Comment

Peter,
                You should get a medal for your help, and this poor guy should get a refund from the idiot dealer. They always prey on the unknowing...and when they are shown they are wrong they cry foul.
                Marc

Comment

Thanks a lot peter and everyone else for the help I will print this thread and send it off to the dealer. I will let you know how I get on.

Comment

AJC05
                    I hope you get your money back. Any serius dealer would do that

Good luck.
                    Peter<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1370437", true); </SCRIPT>

Comment

just give him one more chance then ,take him to court ,i would you could totally destroy him
                      regards chay

Comment

God, just found this thread again it was a good few months ago now. Makes me think how much people on this forum have helped me out. I would never get stuck with a piece of crap like this again . The guy who sold me this sends me emails every now and again showing me the items he has for sale

Haha thanks for the continued help everyone

Regards Adam

Comment

Hi Adam

Did you get a refund on the fake EK1 eventually??
                          Regards
                          Hadrian

Comment

hi, just browsing the forum and came across this thread, was surprised that nobody mentioned the 1939 on the any of the examples shown...they are all over the place...surely an instant warning signal?!...of course , easy to say when one has been thru the wars on buying these things, but talking about pantinas and the way this and that is...don't these numbers just look crap, no!? just my first buzz on it when i saw it
                            ta chaps..K

Comment

yeah in the ned a got my money back after a while

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X