Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a fake

Hey guys how you all doing.

I bought this when I was 16 without knowing anything bout them. I trusted the guy and he gave me a coa. The more threads I look at the more it makes me worry. Thing is even if it is real a paid over the odds ******163;150. I wish I had known about waf back then. The thing I dont like bout it is the hole catch set up the semi circle where the catch is attached. I have just looked on a thread bout an ic and a guy said this type of catch setup was never used on Ic but the thread was on schinkels. That Ic was stamped with a 1 maybe he meant that?.
    I feel pretty bad really cos I bought this out of money my dad left me I hope I have not wasted it.

1.jpg
    Last edited by A H; 04-21-2006, 10:56 AM.

[ATTACH]477986[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]477988[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]477990[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]477993[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]477995[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]477998[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]477999[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hello

The hinge set up with the small back plate is sometimes encountered on the 'Schinkel form' EK1s. It is therefore not unreasonable to assume that if this is an early production EK, say just after the 'Schinkel' type, it may have used up some early components left over from the 'Schinkel' production. So I wouldn't condem it just because of that.

I think this EK has some things going for it. Hopefully some of the real EK experts on the forum will chime in with thier views. In the meantime I'll see if I can find anything to match the front of yours to.

Regards
                  David

Comment

AJC05
                    I am sorry but that cross is not made during the Third Reich. This reproduction comes with a range of different markings and needles.

Peter
                    Last edited by Peter Wiking; 04-17-2006, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys . All I can do is get my money back and learn from it. In future I will be more careful.

R.M Coverdale have gave me a Coa

I will try and call him now if anyone knows him could they PM me plz.

Thanks for all the comments guys
                      Last edited by A H; 04-21-2006, 10:55 AM.

Comment

t
                        Last edited by Matt Starr; 03-28-2008, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Hey

Yeah I will do matt .

Peter Wiking AJC05
                          I am sorry but that cross is not made during the Third Reich. This reproduction comes with a range of different markings and needles.

Peter
                          Peter just looking over your article on flochs it has been a big help. I will be doing a lot more research in the future. Just been checking over my other IC and found it to be a good one thank god

Thanks peter

Comment

Sorry AJC but i hope you get a reefund, the ek you show can be mixed whit maker 1. Did see one here http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29400-...emdescription1
                            Looks very much like a orginal maker 1, but imo same fake maker as the one you have. And they have some diff pin set up´s, and a wide range off maker´s. 107, L/54, 20, 1, and some more. They can be mixt up easly whit maker 20 or 1 if pictuers are bad, they have almost the same date type on the core.
                            Mikael

Comment

Hey meriksson,

I see what you mean thanks for the input and advice

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X