No announcement yet.

Görings Medals question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is wonderful to see the collection shown. These are the pieces that Eric Campion bought after he bought the Combined Pilots badge with diamonds. The story is simple, a British officer had the task of disposing of the items, took the Combiened Pilots badge to a Jewler in Hatton Garden, the Jewler alerted Campion, who bought the piece, then "Toured" the dealer in London ending his search with Spinks who he bought the pieces from. He sold the badge to me in 1982, and offered me the other pieces but unfortunatly I was not in a position to purchase them. He kept them and donated them to Hendon. A rather poted version of the history.

Comment

Originally posted by WARLORD
      It is wonderful to see the collection shown. These are the pieces that Eric Campion bought after he bought the Combined Pilots badge with diamonds. The story is simple, a British officer had the task of disposing of the items, took the Combiened Pilots badge to a Jewler in Hatton Garden, the Jewler alerted Campion, who bought the piece, then "Toured" the dealer in London ending his search with Spinks who he bought the pieces from. He sold the badge to me in 1982, and offered me the other pieces but unfortunatly I was not in a position to purchase them. He kept them and donated them to Hendon. A rather poted version of the history.
      Posted on behalf of Warlord.
      Attached Files

Comment

Now that is a beauty! And no comparison to some of the IMITations out there!

Dietrich
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I hope all enjoy the pieces. The one that the "Fat one" wore. As a piece of history it stands alone. My great regret is that I could not afford the other pieces. But they are now on public display. This will feature in a new book on the Flying awards.

Comment

Hi

As a USAF veteran I would like to thank the family of LTC Paul Kubala for his services in the US Army.

thanks

Juan

Comment

Warlord,

A lovely and truely historical piece. I remember first seeing Eric's photos and fell in love with that badge. Congratulations and I am glad it now resides in your fine collection, where it is fully appreciated. Thank you for sharing the photo.

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thank You Bob For Those Extreemly Kind Words They Are Greatly Appreciated.

Comment

I got the impression that only the awards in the little display case were from the Campion collection. The mannequin struck me as a mock up.

I was particularly interested by the medal bar and ribbon bar. The portrait of Goering at lower left shows him wearing what appears to be the two-line ribbon bar included in the display. It is dated January 1939 which would fit with the awards on the ribbon bar, especially the fact that the EKII Spange and Westwall Medal hadn't been added yet. The ribbon bar also incudes the Olympic Games Award and Red Cross Award, both of which I suppose Goering had as 1st Class neck decorations.

The medal bar is interesting for the many regulations it breaks: LW Long Service Awards 1st and 2nd Class together; all three Flower Campaign Medals worn together on an Armed Forces uniform; and the Westwall Medal with all three Flower Campaign Medals. The EKII "Prinzen" Spange, small Prague Castle Bar and 1st Class Luftschutz are all especially interesting. The photo bottom right in the display (from Autumn 1939) shows Goering wearing a a similar-looking medal bar, but even close up its impossible to make out the detail.

It's certainly worth a visit if you're ever anywhere near.

Otherwise, the Imperial War Museum has a white summer tunic of Goering's with very impressive shoulder boards, and the Museum of the Armed Forces in Moscow has a pair of breeches from one of his forestry outfits. They are very big.

Comment

Originally posted by W. C. Stump View Post
                    Goring had a number of rings with him at the time of his surrender. One ring that I recall was a large signet ring that Goring used to place a wax seal to documents. The doctor at Nuremberg who took the suicide capsule container also had the ring. At one time, in the 60's he would make a wax seal from Goring's ring and charged $5.00 for it. Roger Steele, the pioneer relic deal and fake monger, took one of the was seals and had 14K gold rings made from the seal and sold them. He also had silver rings of the same type made. Where the original ring is today is not known to me.

DOES anyone out there have any information as to the where abouts of this ring today. Anything about its origins, history or manufacture, I would be appreciated in knowing. Or if any German images of the ring are still available. Thank you.

Comment

WARLORD,
                      ...Nice to see a real one!....so easy when it's like it should be.
                      I knew this piece was in your collection, but still congratulations with it! You're one of the VERY few who own a real one.
                      SUPER PIECE...SIMPLY AMAZING
                      Pieter.
                      Attached Files
                      SUUM CUIQUE ...
                      sigpic

Comment

Warlord,

I stand with Pieter; you own one ov the VERY few originals.

Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Really, really delicious!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Coleman View Post
                            At the time of Goring's surrender he wore two rings: his wedding band which he wore on the ring finger of his right hand as is the German custom and a gold ring with a large ruby on the ring finger of his left hand. That ring is now in the possession of a businessman and aquaintance of my father's in Cincinnati. He is not a collector and keeps it as a curiosity and historical artifact. He has no intention of it leaving his family.
                            Hi Mike,

Is there any way a person could get a photo of this ring for research on a book? Thank you for your time.

Johnny R.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Westerduin View Post
                              Hi all,

Does anybody know what happend to Görings medals after the war, and where they are now? also....is there a list of all the rewards he got and can someone help me with pictures of the awards?...i need them for a website i´m building.

Cheers,

Ron
                              Even if one had Goering's surrender medals there would be no way to prove for sure that they were the original medals.

Comment

"Even if one had Goering's surrender medals there would be no way to prove for sure that they were the original medals."

The were abouts of the medals is known. The provance rock hard. They are pictured in there current resting place.<!-- / message -->

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X