No announcement yet.

Görings Medals question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because he didn't walk into camp with the ring on his finger is meaningless. He didn't walk into camp with a vial of poison in his cheek either. He had suitcases full of stuff. He was allowed to visit his cases and get 'more toothpaste' wherein he had hidden his poison. So why not a ring or two and other trinkets in his cases? Very probable. On the other side there's a ton of trash out there with the Goering seal, most of it junk. Here is some provenance albeit without a photo.

Comment

They Erik Campion collection of Gorings medals are now in the Hendon museum. These were returned by a British officer. Bill new this. It is very highly possible that othe pieces were brought back by the same officer and have been sold and not serfaced as yet. The Pater Kabula story always seemed difficult to understand, with this other Campion aquasition.

Comment

Originally posted by WARLORD
        They Erik Campion collection of Gorings medals are now in the Hendon museum. These were returned by a British officer. Bill new this. It is very highly possible that othe pieces were brought back by the same officer and have been sold and not serfaced as yet. The Pater Kabula story always seemed difficult to understand, with this other Campion aquasition.
        Do you know where the British officer obtained this group of Goering decorations? I doubt if they are the same ones Goering was wearing when he surrendered. Without a doubt, he had numerous copies of all his decorations.
        About fifteen years ago, I had the opportunity to meet two Americans of German descent who were chosen to work with interogators as translators for the top war criminals. One of them told me that when Goering arrived with his entourage, there were two large wheeled wardrobes full of his uniforms. Each prisoner was allowed two uniforms stripped of insignia. I guess these uniforms are still to surface as are the decorations HG was wearing that day.
        Bob

Comment

The explanation was that the gold award was to be destroyed, by melting. This was at a jewlers at Haton Garden, the other items were sold to Spinks and the original purchase order was given to Campion and is at the RAF museum at Hendon. These are mainly the First World War items and pilots badges and some foriegne awards.

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 04-22-2005, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Goering's Gold signet/seal ring reproduction

Last edited by George Stimson; 08-08-2005, 05:52 PM. Reason: no soliciting by non-Association members

Comment

Hi Guys, I thought I would add these pics to this old thread as I visited the RAF Museum at Hendon yesterday. (I will do a thread about it all later in the week ) Here is the Goring display as mentioned by Chris. (Warlord)

Cheers, Ade.
                Attached Files

Comment

Shoulder board insignia
                  Attached Files

Comment

uniform etc
                    Attached Files

Comment

I had forgotten just how big the Grand Cross actually is!
                      Attached Files

Comment

more
                        Attached Files

Comment

Last one
                          Attached Files

Comment

Are those medals purported to actually be Goring's, or are they simply representatives thereof?
                            George

Comment

Hi George, they are captioned as being on loan from the "Campion collection" nothing more than that.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Adrian,

Thank you so much for taking the time to take the photographs and post them for all to see. It is always a treat to see any of the wonderful items from Eric Campion's collection, especially the Goering material.

I still rue the day, as a young man, that I could not afford a Goering Reichsmarshal board and collar tab that were offered to me.

Bob Hritz
                                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 38 users online. 0 members and 38 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X