No announcement yet.

Görings Medals question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why I wanted to know the true story about Roswell! But that's just me...

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

kubala

Do a google search under KUBALA.....BILL

Comment

He was posted to the Augsburg interrogation centre in 1944? I'm sure the German Army would have had something to say about that, since Bavaria was still in German hands...now, getting back to the UFO story.

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 04-22-2005, 09:06 PM. Reason: Chillin....

Comment

I HAVE PESONALLY TALKED IN LENGTH WITH LT. COLONEL kUBALA'S DAUGHTER AND HAVE NO REASON TO DOUBT ANY OF WHAT SHE HAS SAID. AS SHE IS NEITHER A HISTORIAN OR COLLECTOR, THE DATE ERROR CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO JUST THAT OR A MISKEY. EITHER WAY, IT IS ALWAYS INTERESTING HOW SOME FOLKS CANNOT TELL A VERY CREDIBLE STORY AND NEED TO DISPARAGE ANYTHING THEY DO NOT WANT TO HEAR. AS A MODERATOR, I PERSONALLY WANT TO THANK HER FOR SHARING HER STORY AND APOLOGISE FOR THE RUDE ATTITUDE OF A FEW.

BOB COLEMAN

Comment

Originally posted by J. VanHofwegen
              Tom. she said she had the opportunity to tell Bill before he died.

jeff

Sorry, I did not see that. That was nice of her to contact Bill, as I am sure that he appreciated the information and having the story set straight.

Thanks again for posting the real story about those awards !

Comment

Goring's MP 36

Hi
                Yes MP 36, not MP 38, or 40. Some years ago in another lifetime I was a class 3 dealer/collector. For those not familiar, a class 3 dealer is one who deals in machine guns primarily. I was at a Ohio Gun Collector's show many years ago and saw a nice display of German weapons. My friend and I wandered over to the guys table and started talking to him. I had talked with him before and he said "do you want to see my MP 36?" I said, "do you mean MP 38?" He said, "No I mean Hermann Goring's MP 36!" This got our attention. From under the table it appeared. This was the first and last MP 36 I had ever seen. I remember it was serial number 14. It was basically in new but aged condition. He had all kinds of documents and pictures of the GI's taking this gun out of Goring's "castle." The MP 36 was the prototype of the MP 38. If my mind serves me correctly he paid 15K for it in the late 70's or early 80's. That is a gift when considering what that gun could be worth in today's market. What a piece of history to have in your hands. I will never forget it.
                Colonel1

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman
                  I PERSONALLY WANT TO THANK HER FOR SHARING HER STORY AND APOLOGISE FOR THE RUDE ATTITUDE OF A FEW.

BOB COLEMAN

Who's being rude? Bob you need to read some of the replies on these forums. Many hold nothing back. You get to hear so many stories that it's hard to believe anything anymore.

If she is in fact who she claims to be (which you have confirmed) ... great. Interesting story and some good clarification of some previous erroneous facts.

Comment

From a recent documentary, these pictures (pretty poor, I know) show the medals H.G was wearing on the day of surrender and him removing his pilots badge.. Note, no ring..
                    Attached Files
                    Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

+..
                      Attached Files
                      Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

No disrespect intended, Bob, however, this is an open forum and as such you might expect some honest responses. Oh, and posting in all caps is hard to read FYI.

Comment

[QUOTE=VtwinVince]No disrespect intended, Bob, however, this is an open forum and as such you might expect some honest responses. Oh, and posting in all caps is hard to read FYI.[/Q
                          IF THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM, I GUESS I HAVE THE RIGHT TO RESPOND IN CAPS IF I WANT TO. HONEST RESPONSE IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM SARCASTIC AND BOORISH BEHAVIOR. ANYONE WHO CAREFULLY READ THE DETAILED HISTORY OF THE CAREER OF COLONEL KUBALA CONTAINED IN HIS DAUGHTER'S RESPONSE WOULD KNOW THIS IS A LEGITIMATE RESPONSE.
                          BOB

Comment

I found JaJoWal's posting most interesting and full of detail.

If one had enough time and inclination it would be a relatively easy task to investigate any details as required.

While it may be agrued that the forum is open and one has the right to respond as one feels fit it should also be remembered that this is JaJoWal's first posting and that a good deal of benefit of doubt should be given to her.

After an investigation into JaJoWals information a case may be argued quite correctly here on the forum.

However, my opinion is that this posting should not initally be dismissed out of hand.

I think that JaJaWal be given a very warm welcome and thanks to the amount of time she has put into her posting.

Speaking for myself - Welcome and Thank You JaJoWal.

Regards ...

Comment

Colonel 1 is right about the MP36. It exists, it was taken from Goring's castle, and I would give my right arm to own it.

jeff
                              Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Well Well Well

Hello................ Major Kubala and Goering.... More later... BILL
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X