Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul a
    Peter,
    You can't seriously be trying to tell me that if it has black spots on the back it is probably fake and if it doesn't have black spots its original. I would have hoped for some sensible and serious comments on this medal taking into consideration the details on the front and pin arrangement etc but not black spots on the back!!!!!
    Gee, I don't think I would have reacted that way to a genuine concern by a member. As I see it the black spots and what appears to be raised silver coating to the rear would certainly raise issues on authenticity by some members.

It may also be deduced that due to the quality of the photos that the rear is cheap casting with numerous pitting marks.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a proverbial barge pole and I fear that you have probably alienated yourself from one of the most respected members of this forum.

Regards ...

Comment

I would still like to see a better picture of the front...

Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by hagwalther
        Gee, I don't think I would have reacted that way to a genuine concern by a member. As I see it the black spots and what appears to be raised silver coating to the rear would certainly raise issues on authenticity by some members.

It may also be deduced that due to the quality of the photos that the rear is cheap casting with numerous pitting marks.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a proverbial barge pole and I fear that you have probably alienated yourself from one of the most respected members of this forum.

Regards ...

i agree 100%. when any member ask for opinions, that is exactly what he / she is going to get. when i have posted for opinions, i might not have liked some of the input received but i can either respectfully disagree, or ask clarification on the matter. as the saying goes, "opinions are like a**holes, everybody got one, and they both stink". many times the one that stinks is the one you end up learning from the most. it appears to me that peter wanted to be certain of something before stating his conclusion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X