VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to floch or not to floch, that is the question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the back.
    Attached Files
    Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Here is the maker's mark. It's "glary" because it is scanned.

This cross definitely differs from the L15 marked fakes, for example the catch is different, the hinge is much higher, and the mark is stamped horizontally instead of vertically (the L15's I have seen are vertical). I have always assumed it to be an original Friedrich Orth piece.
      Attached Files
      Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Hi,

I missed this post but just wanted to add that I believe these 15 marked crosses, with the hinge/pin/catch assemblies shown, to be genuine. I haven't managed to add a 15 marked EK1 to my collection, but I own KVK1s (with and without swords) that have the same hinge/pin/catch assemblies as pictured here and the KVK1 with swords has some provenance back to WW2. The hinge/pin/catch assemblies on the 15 marked crosses are DIFFERENT to the Floch repros, although the general form is similar. I've made this qualification/distinction when discussing the Floch repros in the past, nice to see it brought up by others.

Regards
        Mike K
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I have a "15"-marked EK 1 like the examples shown also (sorry, can't post a pic), and I consider it to be good.

George
          George

Comment

Hello,
            ill got a "15" marked EK1 wich i believe to be a real one. its weight is 19 grams, pretty heavy and not so well done compared to my L/11. ill add some pics for comparing.

greets
            Michael
            Attached Files

Comment

back

Comment

sideview
                Attached Files

Comment

backside view. please excuse the strange colors, my lighting isnt the best. btw am i right that the purple velvet cases are originally from ww1 crosses?

greets
                  michael
                  Attached Files

Comment

My 15 EK1 is identical to the one

Rick L. posted. It's a good one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X