Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Thanks Darrell,
    I found out what Nate was saying in the fake section for the Flochs. The numbers are all real open on the bottom and are real , real low in the cross. There is a new onefor the fake section. I'll see if I can get a shot of the maker mark so it can be posted in fake section.
    Regards, Mitch

Comment

Mitch,

Quite often you see some bright orange rust around the edges between the beading and the core.

The pins are most often marked L11 or L15, but can be found with a variety of different markings.

Comment

On cross #1, is there a "blob" joining the 1 & 9 in the "1939"? Might be the picture quality, but could be one of those fakes... Definitely need better pix of it.

Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell
          Quite often you see some bright orange rust around the edges between the beading and the core.
          Darrell, are you talking about what to look out for on a fake or on an authentic item? Im not too sure which cross you are refferring to. cheers Dave.

Comment

He is referring to characteristics of the 'floch" fake.

Comment

Originally posted by nate ellis
              He is referring to characteristics of the 'floch" fake.
              Ah Ok thanks. I have now pulled out my collection of EK's and am having a look

Comment

Your welcome. I hope you don't find any Flochs in your collection!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nate ellis
                  Your welcome. I hope you don't find any Flochs in your collection!!!!
                  I think I am ok because on my crosses "1939"s seem OK

I wish I had a digital camera I have 4 1939 EK2's and 4 1914 EK2's: a modest collection but one I plan on enlarging

I am sure at least half are authentic and the others im fairly sure...but the fakes that are out there are quite convincing so who knows!

Comment

No Blob

Hank,
                    There is nothing connecting the 1 & 9 . They almost touch but not by a blob.I'll see if I can get better pictures of that area but my camera isn't that good.
                    Mitch

Comment

Hello

Cross 1 is, in my opinion, an original Rudolf Souval.
                      Cross 2 is an original cross but I'm uncertain as to the maker.
                      Cross 3 is clearly a Floch.

As already mentioned, clearer pictures of cross 1 and 2 would be helpful.

Regards
                      David

Comment

obvrese of #1

This is #1 .This is this best I can do with mycamera. What araea do you need to see?
                        Thanks,
                        Mitch

Comment

obverse of #2

obverse #2

Comment

Originally posted by M. A. Miller
                            This is #1 .This is this best I can do with mycamera. What araea do you need to see?
                            Thanks,
                            Mitch
                            Mitch you sure? It appears you have these two backwards to your posts above?

Comment

You mixed something up. The last one you showed is a Souval and a good one.

Dietrich
                              B&D PUBLISHING
                              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Mix up

Darrel & Dietrich,
                                You are absolutely right. I was testing you. No really I screwed up. On the first page they are backwards to the views of the reverse. Thanks for catching that and thahks for the help so far. So these last 2 obverse pictures shown on this page match up with the #ed reverse on 1st page , disregard obverse pictures on 1st page.
                                I knew I should not do 3 at a time. At least I got the repro right.
                                Regards, Mitch

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X