Gerd Schreiber's DKiG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ivan!

No, the case is a copy that Gordon threw in. It is the "correct" early small version that would have been the style case for this piece. Still looks nice though and the price was right!
    Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Ball
      Hi Ivan!

No, the case is a copy that Gordon threw in. It is the "correct" early small version that would have been the style case for this piece. Still looks nice though and the price was right!
      Tim
      ...I thought....yes , look nice together..

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

I was wondering how this DKiG can be tied to Schreiber.
        It is not engraved as far as I can see.
        "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

rkdek,

Well, you're right of course, the DK is not engraved. But we see engraved pieces that are total fantasy as well and engraving doesn't prove provenance either these days.

The piece came out of Schreiber's grouping that was sold by a German dealer sometime back after being split up. I bought the Cross from the guy (in this case Gordon Williamson) who bought the Cross from that dealer. Unfortunately Gordon was unable to get the other items and finally decided to part with this DK.

Sorry, nothing more in the way of proof, but I know the dealer and he does like to split groupings up and my dealings with this dealer have shown me that he is very honest when it comes to the authenticity and where items originate from. I have other PICS of the grouping that Gordon sent me, but I think with Gordon's reputation being what it is, I don't need to go further here.

Thanks for looking.
          Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X