guilty until proven innocent

regards
    jon

Comment

Originally posted by tinmantis View Post
      guilty until proven innocent

regards
      jon
      That's what I thought, jon. You and I are too much alike. I'm not ready to buy into these spanges just because we post dozens of photos of them, and because leading dealers sells them. What ever happened to the tried-and-trued methods we used in the past to validate something? I'm for holding my distance from this one until I see period photos or hear of someone getting one in a grouping or bring-back.

Robert

Comment

exactly
        that's why I bump this up now and again like a cold case
        let's keep waiting and seeing
        regards
        jon

Comment

opinion

let me offer my opinion,when i was looking for a EK2 spange i came across this type of spange and decided to avoid them even if they were being sold by well known dealers, i can say that this is one of the best sites to research your medals etc and if you do not get a postive opinion on an item,then dont buy it or return it to the dealer who sold it to you,my advice is do your rsearch first before buying and for the sake of a small membership fee this site can save you a lot of £ $ and tears.......

Comment

Hi.

I am reviving this thread as I am very interested in any updated opinions about this Spange. I recently left one in an antiques shop in upstate NY; it just looked wrong to me. Then I noticed, upon my return home, that it was pictured in The Iron Time. I went back the next time I was in the area, but found it had sold. I thought I'd made a huge mistake. It was priced at $250, which means I could've almost certainly had it for $200.

However, after reading through this thread, and this one, I'm just confused. Is there any new thinking on this Spange?

To me, the L/11 mark seems wrong, as - if genuine - these look too early for an LDO mark.

I've added a few photos from the other thread just for the sake of completeness:
            (thanks in advance to Robert Pierce)

Any thoughts?
            Thank you,
            Trevor
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

* bump *

New examples? Information? Thanks.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

IT'S ALIVE

So, the general consensus is that this spange not only looks and tastes like crap but it smells like it too??

After this thread of course...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...62#post4154262

Comment

I've never seen this kind of L/11 mm spange... very interesting.
                  I got mine in summer last year which is no mm.Do you mean the "scratch" on top of left "9"? but it didn't show up on others

Comment

just adding this thread for future ref:
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=540401

Comment

and this:
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=605969

Comment

I've never seen this kind of L/11 mm spange... very interesting.
                        I got mine in summer last year which is no mm.Do you mean the "scratch" on top of left "9"? but it didn't show up on others

Hogan Shoes
                        Franklin Marshall
                        Tiger Shoes
                        Abercrombie Fitch

Comment

I thought I would dig up this old thread and add another spange of this type to the data base.This one came with Provenance to the 'Berghof' Being aquired from the Lt D.C.Watts haul.Heavily silver plated and I believe this to be genuine.

Regards Jon Page

http://www.ulricofengland.com/prodsh...1/g006659.html

Comment

oops try again,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X