No announcement yet.

Been offered this EK1...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you asked the seller if it has been tampered with ?

Cheers.
    Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking
      Have you asked the seller if it has been tampered with ?

Cheers.
      Peter
      Lets ask the seller...

wh014d4394? Has it been tampered with?

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by bratwurstdimsum
        Lets ask the seller...

wh014d4394? Has it been tampered with?

Jeff
        The reason I ask about the vaulting, the dark splotches on the reverse almost look like the indentations caused by hand vaulting. The back of the cross looks like it was then buffed or polished which was unable to remove the patina in these recesses.

It also appears there are small gouges or dents in the reverse, further indicating hand vaulting.

Could you maybe post a picture of the obverse taken at a sharp angle showing the swastika, yet the cross from a decent side view?

Comment

only polished and maybe a little paint, but whot you guys wont for 45 uk pounds?

Comment

Originally posted by wh014d4394
            only polished and maybe a little paint, but whot you guys wont for 45 uk pounds?
            The people not wanting to buy it are asking all the questions ... for the guy that IS wanting to buy it ....

Comment

Ok just to clear this one up, I'm not wanting to buy this anymore, another deal has been arranged in its 'stead . So if any of you gentlemen wish to dive in and buy, go ahead!

Comment

I sent an offer

Hello all,

As you might know, I am a broke college kid who makes a small purchase here and there when I can. I sent a PM to the owner of the cross, but I just wanted to check with all of you that this is an original Souval production cross.

I like the corners on this thing, but had to ask the opinions of others as my experience is limited. Didn't Souval produce EK_1's after the war as well; is this one of them?

Please let me know either way. Thank you.

William Kramer
                Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

The forum will correct me if I am wrong but I'm sure its nigh near impossible to tell wartime from postwar with Souval unless its real recent.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X