No announcement yet.

Another vaguely worded Ebay listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please believe me when I say I hope nobody's ever been screwed by thinking they've bought an authentic knights cross with OL&S and a KVK knights cross for $41.

Now, where's that bridge you're selling? I might be interested

Scott

Comment

Why is it so difficult to use the word REPRODUCTION

Comment

Would an add like that last 5 minutes on the estand? I doubt it.
        Don
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by IMPERIAL QUEST
          "925" is an English silver content indicator. I would think that is a no-no concerning German war badges.
          Let's not forget that many, genuine and period WW1 awards are struck in this silver purity. I will admit .800 is much more common for German pieces .925 pices do exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking
            Why is it so difficult to use the word REPRODUCTION

Because it may add some more $ to Your pocket if You don't use it...

Sad but true

Comment

There seems to be a general lack of ethical behavior around here lately. Just yesterday there were two questionable postings on the estand. This one : http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...d.php?t=130597
              has ignored the call to have his badge discussed.

This one : http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...d.php?t=130546
              used a Detlev COA to sell an $8000 cross in lieu of pictures of the cross itsself. When pressed to show a picture of the cross depicted on the COA he posted a thumbnail of a cross that may or may not have been "the" cross. Then a friend chimes in and the cross is magically "sold" and the pics deleted. Maybe a legitimate sale, maybe not, but the way it was done is certainly questionable. You see stuff like that on MILWEB all the time.
              Unfortunately, as we have grown we have acquired members with looser scruples than what we are used to. This place, and its members used to be a safe haven for collectors but I'm afraid we are losing that.
              JMHO
              Don
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by AWwaterhouse
                Let's not forget that many, genuine and period WW1 awards are struck in this silver purity. I will admit .800 is much more common for German pieces .925 pices do exist.
                TRUE, they do EXIST

Comment

Originally posted by Okrach
                  TRUE, they do EXIST
                  And a novice collector might think these are the real thing.
                  Don
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by ddoering
                    There seems to be a general lack of ethical behavior around here lately. Just yesterday there were two questionable postings on the estand. This one : http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...d.php?t=130597
                    has ignored the call to have his badge discussed.

This one : http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...d.php?t=130546
                    used a Detlev COA to sell an $8000 cross in lieu of pictures of the cross itsself. When pressed to show a picture of the cross depicted on the COA he posted a thumbnail of a cross that may or may not have been "the" cross. Then a friend chimes in and the cross is magically "sold" and the pics deleted. Maybe a legitimate sale, maybe not, but the way it was done is certainly questionable. You see stuff like that on MILWEB all the time.
                    Unfortunately, as we have grown we have acquired members with looser scruples than what we are used to. This place, and its members used to be a safe haven for collectors but I'm afraid we are losing that.
                    JMHO
                    Don
                    Hi Don,

Well I have seen the first link... and to be honest I would be very surprised knowing this IAB is not authentic...

Second link is really weird indeed.

Well, not all new members are following the 'old path' ... Well, actually E-Stand does guarantee the privelage of the putting an item under discossion on the appropriate forum, doesn't it? (doing it without informing the seller is not a gentleman's act - true - but asking for it and being ignored is at least unfair
                    Last edited by Okrach; 11-23-2005, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ddoering
                      And a novice collector might think these are the real thing.
                      Don
                      The novice collector should be awared that the .925 pieces exist but they are rare. Knowing that he shall be extreme cautious when spotting one.

Denying or avoiding the fact of their existence - is like playing an unfair game with the novice

Comment

Originally posted by AWwaterhouse
                        Perhaps I should have not been so broad in my wording, what I was referring to is TR decorations. "925" on a TR piecs (a good one) would be a first for me.

Comment

Originally posted by IMPERIAL QUEST
                          Perhaps I should have not been so broad in my wording, what I was referring to is TR decorations. "925" on a TR piecs (a good one) would be a first for me.
                          I agree yes, would be a big red flag for me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X