• Show
Clear All

Another vaguely worded Ebay listing

Thoughts on this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks
    Don
    pseudo-expert

That make a longggg time this guy is selling these medal, imo they all come directly from our old friend wuggler and I believe he is the one selling them with a new id.

edit: if you look at the kvk you can clearly see that the attach is a paper clip...

Comment

Not a bad price to help spice up my Halloween costume. Oops - Halloween passed
      Marc

Comment

"925" is an English silver content indicator. I would think that is a no-no concerning German war badges.

Comment

I like the way he's using Gordon's book as a backdrop, yet doesn't know if they're real or not...
          regards
          jon

Comment

Even from that photo you can see the RK/oaks aren't good.

Comment

Junk. The books are nice though.

Cheers.
              Peter

Comment

dwood76545

I found out that you are a member (Association Member) here and at Ebay with that name ?
                If so, could you explain this taken from your sale at Ebay presented above: Both of these medals appear very old and high slight imperfections that can only be seen with a magnifying glass

For the sake of this forums integrity, and fairness to those who have been expelled in the past, for selling fakes with misleading descriptions. Could you give us a few words in this thread about it?

Thanks.
                Peter
                Last edited by Peter Wiking; 11-22-2005, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Now this is getting interesting.

Comment

as per posting questionable items at ebay, and then coming to the forums, it is better to be running from the fbi than from peter. . and sherlock strikes again

Comment

Please help me understand the logic behind the hostility here. What part of the description would mislead anyone with common sense to think these are authentic, period pieces?

Scott

Comment

look in his feedback:
                        http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=dwood76545

then look at that:
                        " Both of these medals appear very old and high slight imperfections that can only be seen with a magnifying glass. I make no claims as to where or when these were made"
                        He know that they are fake, but he wont open his mouth, that where the mislead begin

Comment

Originally posted by Herc1
                          Please help me understand the logic behind the hostility here. What part of the description would mislead anyone with common sense to think these are authentic, period pieces?

Scott
                          Scott, Stevie Wonder can see what he is doing. It has all the hallmarks of a ripoff, private bidding, vague BS description, etc... same as a few well known ripoff artists. Heck, Tom Hansen just got suspended for this. Are you saying it is ok to take others to the cleaners as long as we don't do it to each other here? Morals can't be turned on and off, they don't work that way.

Reminds me of the "What do you do with your fakes" poll we had a while back. 10% of association members answered "pass them off on someone else." Honest and yet crooked at the same time.
                          JMHO
                          Don
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

Well, I guess I should have underlined the words "common sense" in my comment

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Herc1
                              Well, I guess I should have underlined the words "common sense" in my comment

Scott
                              Sure Scott, and Bill Clinton did not have "sex" with that woman. Give me a break. If you are selling an RK/RKdKVK and don't know whether they are real or not??? I got a bridge I will sell you... Or maybe taking advantage of new collectors is ok, after all, we've all been screwed once or twice.
                              Don
                              pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X