X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll buy it as a fake from Detlev !

Comment

Hi Pieter,

thanks for dropping in! I see your argument, but that still does not answer the question behind the motive (which has nothing to do with fake or not) I mean the motive to deceive with something that people didn't know it needed to be there - like the Rhodium, nor could the people test whether it was there or not.

And Pieter, don't get me wrong here -I'm not tryinmg to counter what Detlev is saying nor do I try to convince somebody that the Rounder is real. I'm just interested in the above question which will help us in the future.

And, feeling about "real" can be undeceicive, as you know! I picture you running in the basement and looking for certain tell tale signs....

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
        Good to have you back Tom Hanson.
        Brian,
        I'll keep saying it, Oh dear, is that it?

Regards, Tom, er, I mean John

Comment

Originally posted by J G
          Brian,
          Dave posted Detlev's position and simply said he felt vindicated. OK, so you disagree, obviously very strongly. What about posting something to the contrary? I know little of the deate so forgive me if you had these questions before.

Do you have a pre-war rounder?
          Have you any proof they are pre-war?

On the recent evidence, Dietrich is still on the fence after his FTIR results, Tom Hanson's seem conclusive of the fake theory. Do you have anything productive to add? The best way to support you case is by adding to the weight of evidence.
          Yes, quite the quick reader. Only moments ago a mere outsider looking in, putting in Tom's name? Now, a grad-student of the Rounder issue, read all there is and taking a very very strong position on the subject. Oh dear, Tom...

Comment

Originally posted by J G
            Brian,
            I'll keep saying it, Oh dear, is that it?

Regards, Tom, er, I mean John
            Buy yourself an email account in England to pull this off? Personality change much more elusive than an IP address.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz
              Hi Pieter,

thanks for dropping in! I see your argument, but that still does not answer the question behind the motive (which has nothing to do with fake or not) I mean the motive to deceive with something that people didn't know it needed to be there - like the Rhodium, nor could the people test whether it was there or not.

And Pieter, don't get me wrong here -I'm not tryinmg to counter what Detlev is saying nor do I try to convince somebody that the Rounder is real. I'm just interested in the above question which will help us in the future.

And, feeling about "real" can be undeceicive, as you know! I picture you running in the basement and looking for certain tell tale signs....

Dietrich
              ...I'll spank the messenger as soon as I see him in Kassel...see better not to tell...

Pieter....

Yes the pimple should be there, you are right about that one, but ...not on the rounders
              SUUM CUIQUE ...
              sigpic

Comment

Pieter,

please don't spank him - he was so nice to me yesterday!

It's not about being right or wrong, it's about "I want to definetely know, damn' it". As with the other things also! Same drive, same objective.

Dietrich
                B&D PUBLISHING
                Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
                  Yes, quite the quick reader. Only moments ago a mere outsider looking in, putting in Tom's name? Now, a grad-student of the Rounder issue, read all there is and taking a very very strong position on the subject. Oh dear, Tom...
                  Brian,
                  Mmm well, along with Tom's name there was Dietrich's and, oh yes, an invitation to you to share your "pro" evidence. Look at at like this? Rounders are like aliens, maybe they exist, maybe they don't. I my friend, will be of the opinion they don't until either someone proves a rounder is pre'45 or in the case of Aliens I get beamed up to starship and get invited to an alien afternnon tea. I'm sorry if seeking proof doesn't fit with your outlook but that's how it is. I'm not a grad student, I am new, I seek proof, simple as that.

Comment

I have question "J G", why don't you prove YOU are real. You are either Dave or Tom. No question about that. You're coming to conclusions as if you're just a new guy reading carefully and following Dave's and Tom's logic, so very perfect I might add, you come to the conclusion of Tom and Dave = YOU. No more response to you, you are a fake.

Comment

Perhaps until there is "proof" one way or another (regarding the Rounder, that is....) there's nothing more that can be said about this subject. And if that's the case, there's no reason for this thread to continue.
                      George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X