This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROUNDER modern FAKE!

The silence is deafening and considering that the other thread (among many other Rounder discussions) is full of edits, I thought a dedicated thread would help!

After years of discussions, name calling, posturing, searching and story telling I felt vindicated upon logging on to Detlev's site this morning! I felt no real happiness as I know lots of folks have spent great sums of money on these. It was just more relief than anything else.

Congratulations to the mere handful for guys who held their own during some heated debates while challenged by scores of people who believed in this medal. Right, wrong or otherwise it was a good go-around!!! It sure help to pass some hours!

Courtesy, Detlev N.

<BIG>Z - Info on the reproduction of the week / -</BIG>
    <TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>ZZZ - Copy of the week- ZZZ [4000] P </TD><TD colSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=6>The below described and pictured item is from my point of view a modern reproduction,that was not made during the time of official award: Knightscross of the Iron Cross. Magnetic core, frame marked "800". Width:48.92 mm Height: 55.05 mm, Weight: 26.25 g (Weight without loop) This item is not for sale from us and for collectors information only.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Dave

IMO the research aint over.

martin

Comment

There will be those who will argue that this is a copy of an original cross, ie a copy of an original rounder..

Comment

Dave,
        Was there any "evidence" to support the fake assertion? What about the cross on p339 in Gordon's book? Are you saying ALL rounders are fake? Detlev's opinion is valid considering his reputation but it's still one man's opinion.

Do you have an open mind (well at least ajar) or are all rounders post '45?

Comment

Originally posted by J G
          Dave,
          Was there any "evidence" to support the fake assertion? What about the cross on p339 in Gordon's book? Are you saying ALL rounders are fake? Detlev's opinion is valid considering his reputation but it's still one man's opinion.

Do you have an open mind (well at least ajar) or are all rounders post '45?
          ....rounded Juncker's are ok******233;, ....rounders as e.g. shown by Detlev...are ALL copy's..."an other man's opinion".
          Pieter.
          SUUM CUIQUE ...
          sigpic

Comment

It would be interesting (and informative) to know how Detlev arrived at his point of view.
            George

Comment

yes, I'd love to know how... but he seems to know for sure!
              this is a very dangerous game for just 'opinions', and he knows that.

regards
              jon

Comment

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen
                ....rounded Juncker's are oké, ....rounders as e.g. shown by Detlev...are ALL copy's..."an other man's opinion".
                Pieter.
                Pieter,

Would you like to share with us what your opinion is based on? Your RK collection/knowledge is definately worth sharing!

Comment

so as from today Rounder's are worth.. $200, $300? and that's only that high because of their 'celebrity status'
                  I really can't wait for all the info to start coming out now: how many, since when, what others, who, where, etc. all fascinating stuff
                  regards
                  jon

Comment

It's always struck me as strange how "some" think Detlev is full of crap and his opinions / GOA's (et al) don't mean squat ... until something he posts agrees with their train of thought

Comment

Guys,
                      Everybody makes mistakes and without full explanation from Mr. Detlev where his opinion is coming from, his copy of the week doesn’t bring to the “rounder” table that much IMO. Yes, if you are in the “Rounder” camp and you are a COA collector, then your world maybe ruined now…
                      Last edited by robert60446; 11-19-2005, 01:26 PM.

Comment

I have a great deal of respect for Detelv, but even he qualify's his statement:-

The below described and pictured item is from my point of view a modern reproduction,that was not made during the time of official award: Knightscross of the Iron Cross. Magnetic core, frame marked "800". Width:48.92 mm Height: 55.05 mm, Weight: 26.25 g (Weight without loop) This item is not for sale from us and for collectors information only.

Just one mans opinion.

In my opinion, that statement means that the "jury is still out".

Allan
                        Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                        Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

If the jury is still out, it's still a most tenuous investment.
                          R
                          Last edited by RoyA; 11-18-2005, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robert60446
                            Guys,
                            Just few weeks ago Detlev was offering on his web page this fake PAB as on original. Is this makes this fake PAB original in your eyes? I don’t think so. And simple PAB is much less complicated then Rk’s…The point is, everybody makes mistakes and without full explanation from Mr. Detlev where his opinion is coming from, his copy of the week doesn’t bring to the “rounder” table that much IMO. Yes, if you are in the “Rounder” camp and you are a COA collector, then your world maybe ruined now…
                            Ps. and yes, I’m fully aware that now my chances of buying any PAB’s in the future from Detlev are very slim…
                            Robert,

Did Detlev later pull the badge? Or does he feel it's period? He usually corrects his mistakes. especially if he is made aware of them. Yet he sticks to his guns if questioned on pieces he feels are of or .

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell
                              Robert,

Did Detlev later pull the badge? Or does he feel it's period? He usually corrects his mistakes. especially if he is made aware of them. Yet he sticks to his guns if questioned on pieces he feels are of or .
                              Darrell,
                              to be honest with you i don't know what happened to this badge, because the next update took place and I didn’t pay any more attention to it. The point is everybody makes mistakes (but he is still number 1 dealer on my list). Going back to subject: Many of Detlev’s customers are coming to him thanks to this forum and i would expect that when he decided to take a side on such a famous subject as "Rounders" at least he should post some explanations to us. I'm almost dying to know what the main argument behind this “copy of the week” post was for him.
                              I believe that we will hear something soon from him.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X