Lets Discuss RK ribbons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I have counted the stiches on my two pieces of geniune ribbon and the one piece of reproduction that I have.

2 geniune pieces both measure 45mm and the white stiching counts at 23 and 22.

1 reproduction piece also measures 45mm and the white stiching counts at 26

The big difference between the geniune pieces and the repro is that the repro has flat edges - that is no 'humps', and glows under UV light.

Regards
    David
    Last edited by DavidM; 10-18-2005, 01:53 PM. Reason: Originally posted yesterday but not showing on the thread

Comment

Hello

I have counted the stiches on my two pieces of geniune ribbon and the one piece of reproduction that I have.

2 geniune pieces both measure 45mm and the white stiching counts at 23 and 22.

1 reproduction piece also measures 45mm and the white stiching counts at 26

The big difference between the geniune pieces and the repro is that the repro has flat edges - that is no 'humps', and glows under UV light.

Regards
      David

PS. Sorry if this reply appears twice in the thread but I posted this yesterday and it hasn't appeared in the forum. There were server problems at the time so for that reason I'm posting it again.

Comment

40 mm Ribbon

Originally posted by Harry
        Yes Dave, very thick indeed.

Here is a close shot of my 40mm ribbon. Now if we could only find out who else has some and get 'em counting!
        Hello Harry,

Just happen to have a small piece of non-glow 40 mm ribbon. It came to me on a 57 type RK in the 70`s. By running it thru the scanner I come up w/ 19 white & 19 black.

Best regards,
        Ribbon blinded
        ( photo was taken w/digital camera)
        Last edited by Erickn; 03-15-2007, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Erick, 19 is what I have on my 40mm also. Mine came with a war-time cross......

Comment

40mm

Hi Harry,

I had made a direct order from S & L in the 70`s and this ribbon is what they had sent me. Of course they were full lenght @ that time. I have always liked the color & feel of them. This small clipping is all I have left.

Best regards,
            Erickn

Comment

Erick, that is interesting.
              I dunno whether S&L ever made the ribbons themselves, I doubt it, but they must have had stocks. I have 2 very early 1957 pattern RKs by S&L and both come with a 45mm ribbon that glows like christmas. However, another member has a 40mm ribbon that came with a Lazy 2 from a vet, I am waiting for some feedback on it.

Comment

one more ribbon 40mm

hello gentlemen!

found yesterday your discussion concerning knights cross ribbons... very interessting and useful!
                i have a ribbon 40mm wide and 19 stiches for the white colour.
                what do you think about it???
                material is cotton (maybe with silk) and it´s not glowing under blacklight.
                how can i get sure its ok? (sorry, can´t post pictures here - don´t know why; but maybe you can contact me by "pm")
                hope, you´ll help me!

best regards from germany

Comment

Sorry for the delay.
                  Here is my 40 mm.
                  Attached Files

Comment

21 stitches in the white stripe
                    Attached Files

Comment

45 mm
                      Attached Files

Comment

18 stitches
                        Attached Files

Comment

RK Ribbon Pre- or Post-war

Hi folks, How does this one look?

Comment

Gentlemen,

I'm bringing this back on top as I'm looking at a 40mm ribbon with 17 stitches on the white.
                            Anyone with an opinion?

Robert

Comment

This is a full length 40mm ribbon that came back with an original Juncker Lazy 2 Knight's Cross. The vet had a number of crosses and several loose ribbons which were the standard 45mm type.

Bob Hritz
                              Attached Files
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                                This is a full length 40mm ribbon that came back with an original Juncker Lazy 2 Knight's Cross. The vet had a number of crosses and several loose ribbons which were the standard 45mm type.

Bob Hritz
                                Looks fine to me Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X