No announcement yet.

Opinions on an EK 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks again guys. stefan your insight is absolutely amazing, and darrell....dang!! i have been educated in these few frames "100" times more than all the reading i have done for quite a while. well, he sent another couple of pics of another unmaked example he has. hey!!! if its a genuine article, ill take anything other than a complete loss!!!

here they are:
    Attached Files

Comment

even though it has some of those floch characteristics, the catch does not seem to be so....maybe???? please....im here in wishful thinking!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Das Reich
        even though it has some of those floch characteristics, the catch does not seem to be so....maybe???? please....im here in wishful thinking!!!
        Not a floch .. you can rest easy

This one looks ALOT better. The reverse looks more like a "100". The low date on the obverse picture looks better as well.

A closeup of that squished beading would seal the deal for me

Comment

that one looks a lot better

as darrel already said the cross has all characteristics of a genuine EK1 1939 by "Wächtler und Lange". very nice and textbook example. you can trade your floch without any bad thoughts.

regards,

stefan

Comment

thank goodness!!! finally!!! . once again, thanks a million guys!! i owe you a beer.

Comment

IMO that 100 you show as nr 1 is a fake, i have the same 100 and it match those L/54 107 fakes. You can find pic´s off my one in a tread not long ago.
              Mikael

Comment

mikael,

that is not type of fake you mention. the nr.1 cross is a typical souval cross.

Comment

The first EK he did post on this tread is a typical fake like My one markt 100, i cant see any Souval in either my or his....

Originally posted by StefanK.
                  mikael,

that is not type of fake you mention. the nr.1 cross is a typical souval cross.

Comment

Originally posted by meriksson
                    The first EK he did post on this tread is a typical fake like My one markt 100, i cant see any Souval in either my or his....
                    I doubt that. From what I can see the frame is Souval.

Dietrich
                    B&D PUBLISHING
                    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Well ok i can be wrong but i would like to see a better picture off that front, im gona compare my one that dont have any Souval stuff whit my 1950-60 made Souval whit no Souval "orginal" frames.
                      Mikael

No match from my Souval 50-60, i wish i could show how bad my 100´s rim are made. Never seen any soo bad done before.
                      Last edited by meriksson; 10-17-2005, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Mikael,

here's the unmistakably trademark sign of a Souval. The cross in post #1 has it, too.

Dietrich
                        Attached Files
                        B&D PUBLISHING
                        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X