Opinions on an EK 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on an EK 1

im glad to inform that one of the dealers at the max that sold me a floch (unaware im sure) contacted me. he is offering this one as replacement. just wanted for you guys to let me know your thoughts. if this one does not passes muster, there is another one offered.
    Attached Files

pic 2

pic 2.

these were the only ones that were provided on this one. understanding that is limited information, just wanted to get a consensus.
    Attached Files

Comment

From the limited pictures .. the mm and hinge look good. I'd say ok, but I'd request a closer picture of the obverse, especially one of where the 12 and 3 oclock arms intersect ...

Comment

im glad to inform that one of the dealers at the max that sold me a floch (unaware im sure) contacted me. he is offering this one as replacement. just wanted for you guys to let me know your thoughts. if this one does not passes muster, there is another one offered.

Is it marked "100" ? It does not look like the die characteristics are correct for a 100 (W&L) Look at the inner corners of the frame. In my opinion it is a reproduction very similar if not the same as the known L54 reproductions. If this is the second repro from the same seller, be on guard.

Sorry.
        Peter
        Last edited by Peter Wiking; 10-15-2005, 05:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

the cross itself looks ok and was imo manufacuterd by R.Souval/Wien. also the pin is pre 45 but it does not match to the cross....

can you post a picture of the reverse?

stefan

Comment

thanks for all of your responses. i got to the point of when in doubt, let go. so if after these pics the consensus still hold ill let this one go. anyways, here they are.

Comment

pic one
              Attached Files

Comment

pic 2
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Das Reich,

I'd be a little sceptical on this one as others have aluded to. Compare the pictures you post with mine below.

*NOTE* the date on your picture appears to be too high for a "100". These are typically low to the beading.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Reverse (angle) .. note the catch.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse (straight on). The pin on your picture appears to be a bit narrow.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Now that is a real, genuine and very nice 100 W&L EK1 you have there Darrell.

Peter

Comment

Because my Obverse picture above is not a scan, I am showing the "squished" beading at the 12 and 3 oclock arms that are on my 2nd Class "100". They are the same with the first class. I'd ask for pictures like this and better pictures of the obverse.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking
                            Now that is a real, genuine and very nice 100 W&L EK1 you have there Darrell.

Peter
                            Thanks Peter

Comment

to me the cross seems a little bit strange.

the parts of the cross are in my mind pre 45 but they do not really fit together. also the core looks too shiny to me. maybe it was repainted.

as said before, the parts are original but maybe the pin was replaced. i have never seen a souval made EK1 with a W&L pin before. i would not want this cross in my collection. (but still that one is better than a floch fake)

stefan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X