X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rounder on e-bay

Check it out!

Shows Fritz Burkhardt wearing his cross with rounded corners. But judging from the 'eye' it is more likely an agressively finished Juncker....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Knights-Cross-to...QQcmdZViewItem

An original of the photo shown in G. Williamson's book
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Harry; 10-05-2005, 06:00 PM.

you surprise me, I though it was a fake

Comment

It's definetely a genuine Rounder! A the buy-now price is also correct, maybe even a little bit on the low side.

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

.....One must 'factor in' the repo ribbon attached and the seller's description regarding it
        Attached Files
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

I was talking about the cross. With a genuine ribbon it would be of course well above 5,000.-
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Great-

I bid on it. If it does not go too high, I will get it analyze it bit by bit. This will be an interesting endeavor if the price does not go too high. Where did I put my ban saw..........!???

Comment

Tom, I'll go in on it with you just to show 'some go and no show' as they say

Check your Email!
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

I put my toe in for now, Dave. Thanks for the support. We will see how high it goes. If it can be had at a reasonable price, I think it would be very helpful to dismantle the piece and analyze it. I would plan on submitting samples of the paint and metal to the ISU lab for analysis of IR spec and total composition of the metal. This would be very helpful in determing the componants of the piece, which so far have been hampered somewhat by surface analysis only. If the piece can be sacrificed in toto, perhaps more information can be learned.

Comment

Actually, a wonderful idea just hit me!! Rare as they are!!

Could we as a group buy it? I mean as a group the PRO and CON guys.....

That way all share in the 'test'!
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

Hey- great idea, Dave! You have my pledge right there for $ 3500. I am prepared to go higher, as I think this is an issue that can be laid to rest with a little intensive testing, one way or another, if one is willing to sacrifice the piece. I guess I really do not care one way or another whether the rounder is real or not, I just want to know. I do not mind being wrong, and would actually prefer to have it that way in this case.

Comment

I don't mind being wrong and pick up my end...Can we get to the 'buy it now' with additional support?
                      Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

I do not see a " buy it now" price. Where is that and how much is the amount? I think that with unlimited sample size, if an analytical chemist/enigneer were given this mission to find the chemical (not elemental, which has resulted in criticism) composition of this piece, perhaps the whole issue can be laid to rest quickly. The analysis would probably cost, at minimum, an additional $ 1500. I think that frankly it would be worth it.

Comment

Now I get it....his min. was $3,500...so then the 'buy it now' drops off!! So the min. bid was actually his price.... It's ours so far

The 'buy it now' was $4,500.00
                          Regards,
                          Dave

Comment

Okay, thanks. I did not see the buy it now price.

For those both "pro" and "con" on the rounder debate, this should present an excellent opportunity to test any theory, both visual and quantitative, and ask all the questions we want to know about the physical characteristics of the rounder.

Are there any other contributors to pledge an amount to a "rounder fund" to purchase and test this piece? Thanks

Comment

Here's the cross...
                              Attached Files
                              Regards,
                              Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X