Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Kane
    You're joking right Tony!

I think that the only 'orientation' with that Cross is Latvia!
    Hi Dave,

I'm not joking. I'm here to learn how to swim with the experts as I am in the deep end of the KC/EK collecting pool.

I saw this KC and PLM in a premier book on PLMs and it is clearly attributed to GFM von Bock. The inside corners of this KC are similar to the 'Rounder' that we love to discuss. I can see that it is not a total match. As I have never seen that exact type of KC, I put the question out for answers.

Now you say that this KC, which is shown with von Bock's genuine PLM, is from Latvia?

Very interesting. I'm much obliged to you. I'll mark my book accordingly with a correction.

Thanks!

Tony
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Boys do a search for suspected Latvian Knight's Crosses and compare the rings and the 'lizard tail' endings at each arm.

Then, reconsider your posts! I didn't say the Cross was Latvian merely suggested an 'orientation'.
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

Dave,

could it be that this Bock-cross style , which you seem to deem "Latvia" is the same you saw in the early 80's?? I mean, round corners are round corners, true?

Dietrich
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Dietrich..that was MID 80's!!! No, it's not the same 'type'.
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Dave, not everybody has the time to do a search every time someone makes a cryptic or unclear post. If you would just say what you mean (and explain the relevance of the pictures you post) it would make things easier for all.
            George

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
              Dietrich..that was MID 80's!!! No, it's not the same 'type'.
              Sorry Dave - mid 80's it will be from now on.

So what is the difference you spotted between the mid 80's Rounder and this one with Latvian features or orientation that makes you sure that the mid-80's was not this one?

Dietrich
              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Dietrich, the Rounder from the mid 80's 'struck' me as an imitation Juncker at first glance because of the thick 'shoulders' of the ring.

The subject Cross couldn't possibly be thought of Juncker even at a glance because of the very rounded ring sitting atop the frame
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

So, therefore it is "Latvian"?
                  George

Comment

George we don't even know if 'Latvian' Crosses are indeed made there....as you know those that appear commonly on Ebay show a Latvian base and over the years have been given the lable of 'Latvian'!

Here's one....

Then compare it to Marshall's compilation
                    Attached Files
                    Regards,
                    Dave

Comment

Attached Files
                      Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

They look clearly different to me.
                        George

Comment

Here's another one with the "latvian lizard tail" ending of the outer corner. Unfortunately, it's a Zimmermann.

So I guess this guessing and comparing to fakes (real or persumed) will not solve the issue. Why is it not possible to accept this cross as an early RK with inner rounded corner by deliberate design of the tool, i.e. not filed?

Why is this so tough to accept! Because it shows that this was an acceptable design?

Dietrich
                          Attached Files
                          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

...I haven't seen the new PlM book. But Fieldmarshall von Bock's KC IS an unmarked nikkel framed early Juncker.

pieter.
                            SUUM CUIQUE ...
                            sigpic

Comment

Pieter-

Are you suggesting that there are other photos showing an early juncker cross? Do you have information further that it is specifically an early unmarked juncker? Do you feel as though the piece pictured above is another unknown maker period cross, or a substituted post war piece?

Comment

Originally posted by tom hansen
                                Pieter-

Are you suggesting that there are other photos showing an early juncker cross? Do you have information further that it is specifically an early unmarked juncker? Do you feel as though the piece pictured above is another unknown maker period cross, or a substituted post war piece?

The cross Fedor von Bock recieved in 1939 is an unmarked ,nikkel framed typical C.E.Juncker cross ! The rest I leave for the friends of the forum.
                                Pieter.
                                SUUM CUIQUE ...
                                sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X