L59 EK1 in L/52 case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Douglas,

For me that link is not working. I am using my phone so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone else try the link?

Kirby

Comment

Douglas,

Sorry,s yes the first link works for me but the second says 404 not found.

BTW, very nice work on the Rettenmaier marks.

Kirby

Comment

Well Kirby ... a L59 was the first EK1 I got in Munich in the 70's .
        Wish now I gotten the recall letter he also had .

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
          Well Kirby ... a L59 was the first EK1 I got in Munich in the 70's .
          Wish now I gotten the recall letter he also had .

Douglas
          Hi Douglas,

The first sentence opened up the link for me. Great study you did. Excellent compilation of Rettenmaier marks. The question begs to be asked, What could possibly be the explanation for so many variants of marks?

Regards,
          Mark
          "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller View Post

Hi Douglas,

The first sentence opened up the link for me. Great study you did. Excellent compilation of Rettenmaier marks. The question begs to be asked, What could possibly be the explanation for so many variants of marks?

Regards,
            Mark
            Today we see marks on products that indicate the time, shift, plant, year etc. I think this was a case of each assembler or inspector or someone else that had a major roll in the completion of the final product making their mark. I'm sure not every company had a big assembly line and some may have had more of an individual hands on method. Of course this is just speculation!

Kirby

Comment

Yes Mark ... also to what Kirby brings up .
              And - there are the LDO regulation of 'quality workmanship' ..... A replacement guaranty .
              I would guess : who's mark was on it had to fix or make a replacement ?? This may be the case with Rettenmaier only as we find no other maker with this many extra marks .
              We have maker 24 - unmarked and PKZ pieces - with a hand full or so - using different stamped marks also -- applied mostly to the jump ring and some on the ribbon ring .
              They may have been used for a similar purpose - the way Rettenmaier did .... no information has turned up what there are .
              Rettenmaier company exist today and my correspondents in regards to these marks was never answered .

Douglas
              image_4498620.jpg

Comment

Kirby & Douglas, All,

Thanks for providing all the info. Since I'm the fortunate new caretaker of Dale's Cross, I wanted to get all the background I could. In hand, the Rettenmaier really is a beauty.

Mark (aka, the old curmudgeon.)
                "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                  Rettenmaier company exist today and my correspondents in regards to these marks was never answered.
                  Douglas,

​​​​​​ So many questions so few willing to dig for the answers. I always appreciate the effort no matter the outcome

Kirby

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X