Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L59 EK1 in L/52 case

Hello,
    This will be my first attempt to post an item with photos so wish me luck as I'm not quite a techno dinosaur but maybe a techno mammoth?

Anyway, got this many years ago in Germany from a picker friend. Unfortunately there was no provenance to it, so I imagine it was put together later. I'm looking to trade the cross to someone now but want to keep the case, so I'm posting them here to get an evaluation as to originality, type and likelihood that the two belong together. I snapped the photos quickly as a storm was approaching, but I believe they'll be good enough; just let me know if you need any others.
    Thank you,
    Dale

Well, apparently I can't make them larger or post in the order I want them to, so will just put all of them up and hope they'll be good enough.
    Dale

Comment

Well, don't know how I finally got it to work, but hope this is enough for y'all to do a proper evaluation!
      Thanks, Dale

Comment

Hi Dale,

Are the additional marking '~' and 'o' unique to Rettenmaier? Or did other makers use these same markings? Also, on some other Rettenmaier EKs, I see the catch uses more of a stamped (flattened) style catch.

Maybe the experts will chime in.

Regards,
        Mark

"You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

Hi Dale,
          You probably know that it's not a set, L59 cross in a nice L/52 LDO case?
          The L59 EK1 cross comes with different many pinback types, and also screw backs. The extra marks come in many different combinations. I have maybe eight, all different. I would be interested in buying the cross, if you are wanting to sell...?

Best, Rob

Comment

Hí ,although not related items, but beautiful original pieces ,congrat

Comment

Alois Crosses are sometimes strangers and that made the so beautiful. I see the S mark on different sports and others with two O also. The pin seems different on crosses too... you can make a research on this forum

Comment

Thanks for all of the comments, gentlemen. Robert, I figured they didn't belong together but not being an EK expert and also knowing how much different companies cooperated and used each others' goods, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't breaking up a set. Based on what I've read in the past, I believe one theory was that the various symbols on these represented inspector's marks, but no clue what the current consensus is. Right now I'm working a trade for this cross but plan to keep the case for the possibility of running into an L/52 marked cross. Now if the person I'm working the trade with gets too greedy in what he values his items at, then I might drop you a line.
                But don't hold your breath, he's a good guy and absolutely a pleasure to deal with so your chances are slim.
                Dale

Sorry for the background color. I tried to fix it with the edit function but no luck.

Comment

Dale,

I know the guy you are referring to. He'll try to squeeze every penny out of you he can!

MM
                  "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

You’re right, he really is a greedy ole curmudgeon but I’m too much of a gentleman to mention that in a public forum!

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller View Post
                      Hi Dale,

Are the additional marking '~' and 'o' unique to Rettenmaier? Or did other makers use these same markings? Also, on some other Rettenmaier EKs, I see the catch uses more of a stamped (flattened) style catch.

Maybe the experts will chime in.

Regards,
                      Mark
                      Hello. I do not know the subject, but a similar sign "o" is on the icon.
                      Attached Files

Comment

A project I did some time ago ... on extra marks .

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ight=L59+marks

Douglas

Comment

Douglas,
                          your link is unfortunately dead!

Kirby

Comment

Odd .... but just click on the first sentence which is strangely a live link .
                            The link below is dead ?

Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X