No announcement yet.

Theft of Wolfgang Spate's KC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CrankyFrank,You might be correct.It's been awhile since I read the magazine.I'll have to dig it out.But,you very well could be right.Sorry if i screwed up.Regards,Darrick

Comment

I have just read this post from my last comment through and geez I am so Mad!!!!!! No wonder veterans refuse interviews with honest people who are trying to research work.....

Comment

Caveat emptor

Greetings,

It is interesting to recall the infamous 1911 Mona Lisa scam. A criminal contacted 10 contemptible collectors explaining the Mona Lisa was going to be stolen and he had the opportunity to "fence" the painting He received standing offers of up to $1,000,000. He then had 10 high quality forgeries made. He arranged the break in, stole the painting and then delivered and collected payment on the 10 copies. A month latter he allowed the original to be recovered.

Only a few of the cheated collectors came forward, but investigators believe that at least 10 art collectors had been "taken" in the scam.

The case is mostly unsolved, although after the real Mona Lisa was recovered the investigation received only limited resources.

Caveat emptor…

Best Regards,

Chris

Aka Egret

Comment

Chuck,

Didn't know that the medals of Rommel were stolen....He had some good ones....

I cant find out more info about it. Where did you get that information???

Who had the medals?? His son Manfred or a private collector??

He was beside Erich von Manstein a real and the best Fieldmarschall the german army had ever had...2bad, he died too early...

greets
          martin

Comment

Sorry to bumping an old thread, but i got curious.

have any of these medals been found yet?

Daniel.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X