EK2 Ribbon glows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Ribbon glows?

Hi, I just got this from one of the big dealers, the white part of ribbon lights up under black light is this normal thanks
    Attached Files

None of my original ribbons glow--how close are you holding the UV light to the ribbon? It should be at least 12-15 inches away, otherwise you may be seeing a reflection of the light off the rayon in the ribbon.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

No not normal and in all likely hood a fake ribbon.

Is the packet a Carl Forster & Graf by any chance ?

Comment

An original ribbon or piece of cloth can glow after someone washed it...

Comment

Marcus, yes it is.
          Originally posted by Marcus Hatton
          No not normal and in all likely hood a fake ribbon.

Is the packet a Carl Forster & Graf by any chance ?

Comment

Erich, It glows even at 36 inches
            Originally posted by Erich
            None of my original ribbons glow--how close are you holding the UV light to the ribbon? It should be at least 12-15 inches away, otherwise you may be seeing a reflection of the light off the rayon in the ribbon.
            Erich
            Attached Files

Comment

Things to watch for are brand new looking ribbons on tattered medals OR vice versa ....

Comment

Try comparing the glow from the ribbon with that from a white cotton T-shirt. As mentioned above, if held too close, the glow could be just the reflection of the UV light.
                None of my original ribbons glow, but I do have some repro ribbon that doesn't glow either.

Comment

Here's some feedback on the black light topic from the case & packet forum

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=104335

Comment

Thanks everyone I'll do some more research later.

Comment

OK guy's,

Lets looks at this realistically, ribbon washed or not, this was sold intimateing or pertaining perhaps to be a 'married couple' the factor of pertaining genuine, packet to medal or not (Theres a paramount deliberation in it's self), I don't think personaly it's a good enough excuse to even suggest perhaps the ribbon was washed or not in this instance or any other notion.

Lets not beat around the bush here, what ever dealer it was, this is a 'put together item', or it suggests to me that it is, in my personal opinion.

The packet as vouched by Karl to my intial thoughts on it: This is a genuine packet of my own deduction, I own one and have seen several. Where they came from and now this addition of a less than fair condition EK2, mint packet with a more than dubious ribbon in a packet to a no (And forum wise contentious packet at the least, let alone maker) known attributed maker of EK's. As much as to say this is a 'put together pair'. In my opinion only.

I'm not even going to justify myself on this one.....Karl please, return this item...you can buy better for the money I imagine you spent on this.

I'm not going to BS for for fear of dealers or sponors, this is not good enough in my opinion, and if we don't speak up they'll get away with it.

It's in your hands as collectors.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

As Marcus says "Lets not beat around the bush here"

Hi Karl, the ribbon is bad.

If you have bought this as original to the cross and the packet and you are unhappy with, ( I would be) it send it back for a refund ASAP

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I agree--send it back.
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks agen for everyones time and good advice, I sent a e-mail to dealer (he's one of the highest rated) hopefully I won't have any problems.

Comment

So many people seem to be putting these packets together with medals, its getting quite annoying!
                              Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X