New haul arrived today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ENGLISH BOB View Post

He has not stopped collecting just moved to another subject,The Napoleonic period,he's already shown me a few of his pieces that he has acquired,mind blowing is an understatment,especially the French musket taken at Waterloo. He's also building a rather nice collection (models) figures and busts of that time period.Beautiful work he's done on them.
    Cheers
    Bob
    I see. I only knew him via our mutual interest towards awards. Last thing I saw him have was a Waterloo medal, but that was years ago. I assumed he stopped as he went se quiet and begun to sell and offer his collection for sale.
    That explains a bit, Good to hear he's still in

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
      I see. I only knew him via our mutual interest towards awards. Last thing I saw him have was a Waterloo medal, but that was years ago. I assumed he stopped as he went se quiet and begun to sell and offer his collection for sale.
      That explains a bit, Good to hear he's still in
      Yes i've seen the cased Waterloo medal,very nice it is too.I presume he met a fork in the road and decided to take a different route,i haven' really discussed it with him TBF but I know he is also helping out his Son to get established on the property ladder..
      Cheers
      Bob

Comment

The EK's

The singles

Comments are welcome and appreciated,thank you

Bob
        Attached Files

Comment

Great looking items and beautiful displays

Kind regards,

AW

Comment

Is that Katz & Deyhle marked?

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
              Is that Katz & Deyhle marked?
              No,its unmarked..

Comment

Another load thats just been offered to me.comments please guys....
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice haul and very well framed items, hard to get any better than that.

Comment

Fantastic haul Bob!!

The framing work really puts it all over the top. I have to do what little I can myself because professional framing and matting would eat way too far into my budget for the actual pieces.

Just a wonderful score. Sounds like you and your friend were able to mutually help each other out as he changes collecting focus and you get some wonderful material.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaMilitaria View Post
                      Nice haul and very well framed items, hard to get any better than that.
                      Cheers Eric

best
                      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by TWS View Post
                        Fantastic haul Bob!!

The framing work really puts it all over the top. I have to do what little I can myself because professional framing and matting would eat way too far into my budget for the actual pieces.

Just a wonderful score. Sounds like you and your friend were able to mutually help each other out as he changes collecting focus and you get some wonderful material.
                        Hi Todd,
                        Yes wickedly expensive way to go,personally i'd have just framed the Kradmelder grouping as it has everything,name,photo ,docs and awards but as he said he just couldn't help himself,I think the framing work cost £1700 you could buy some nice items for the collection for that money.
                        We actually met on facebook ,I didn't know him before,he'd messaged me about buying the collection in its entirety but it was a no go for me at the time.
                        These frames will be sold off with the contents....
                        Cheers
                        Bob

Comment

Nice haul!

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                            Nice haul!
                            Thanks Ben

Cheers
                            Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X