Spanish Cross in sliver with swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Cross in sliver with swords

Would you be so kind as to show your examples that are of the same maker as mine, the maker is not really known as such (although one is suggested which I apologise as it eludes me right at this moment in time of posting), but I'd be interested to see how yours if owned, are vaulted....are there any marks where it has been vaulted at all ? That is to say, on mine you can just see where it is worn marks where it could have been vaulted, and as a matter interest just wondered if anything was visible on yours. Perhaps mine was empted further by the owner ?

To what degree are they vaulted please as a norm on these ?

Kr

Marcus

Ps I need a genuine box so if someone has a spare one, please contact me
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MH184; 05-10-2005, 01:38 PM.

I didn't scan the reverse , sorry about the pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Not one of the best examples I've had in my hands, but this hinge is different to say the least .......still a beautiful award though !!
      Attached Files

Comment

hinge 2
        Attached Files

Comment

And an out of proportion catch ....well I think so, not that I know about these at all.
          Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps I'd better explain, this award seem's only very slightly vaulted.....unlike 835, 900 and other other examples in tombak etc. A novice plea, I'm aware.....but informed I am not on these. I bought this as a potential fake from the seller, hence the price was very low !!! Fortunatley I was with help !!

Where silver examples, private purchase vaulted more as a fashion more than say 'issue' or standard examples ?

Kr

Marcus
            Last edited by MH184; 05-10-2005, 01:41 PM.

Comment

This is what I'm on about.....factory or post application perhaps ? Be aware that the upper surfacr finish is devoid from this area on both sides and these marks are evident on'y on the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock arms.
              Attached Files

Comment

Vault marks ?
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Marcus,

I'd be surprised if anyone posts an example such as yours. In my opinion, this cross is, as you suggested, a (potential) fake. I have never seen any examples like it. Your example lacks the quality one expects to see on this award. The hinge, pin, & catch are all cheaply made. It's hard to see from your images, but the eagles do not appear to be soldered to the sword blades. A close up of the eagle would confirm my hunch.

If you PM Jacques and/ or Francois, they will give their expertice.

Not a 'keeper' for me.

Lo siento mucho.
                  Mark
                  "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

I think it's OK, there is one in Niemann's guide on page 454 with similar type of the pin and catch assembly.

Comment

I wouldn't be so quick to bin it. I'm fairly sure examples with this set-up exist. I'm just not sure if this is one of them.
                      Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                      Decorations of Germany

Comment

That hinge, pin, and catch setup does exist on good EKs and KVKs....
                        George

Comment

wow, what a great spanish cross.

as george already said, these type of hinge, needle, catch appear on early one piece EK1.

look at the following thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=variant

Comment

Personally, I don't like the obverse. Looks a bit too flat to me. The sword handles look funny.

Yuri

Comment

Hi,

I tend to think that it's a genuine cross. It looks like the same in every aspects (eagles, swords, central disk) to the crosses attributed (without no further information) to "Peltz & Lorenz", except for the pin which looks more long and flat, and the hinge which is placed higher.
                              Here is a pic of mine which is also slightly convex. the same cross does exist without this hollow reverse.
                              jacques
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X