This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ant,

No mate it's a little more complex than that and costs fairly good money.

There are several sources that do such testings to qualify paper related articles in Europe and North America for mostly insurance purposes be it private or museums.

The other one vouched for is in Liverpool in this country.

There are alot of pros and cons as paper didn't automatically change in state come 1945; like I say it's a complex testing and deliberation via data and all sorts.

Comment

Thanks Marcus.
      I actually live just 20 minutes from Liverpool, but the cost does sound somewhat off putting which is why i guess no-one has bothered so far.
      Ant.

Comment

just in case these pix haven't been posted yet, here's a few Foerster Packets I've been offered a while ago....
        KR
        Rainer
        Attached Files

Comment

Interesting : Douglas

Comment

Small packet

Has any one seen the small packets

First one ive seen this size i always assumed 3 types from this maker

Shane

Comment

Clue maybe?

TAKEN FROM

http://www.jewelry-and-more.de/deuts...¤bisch-gmünd/

In 1847 the company WILHELM MÜLLER was founded in Berlin by the merchant Friedrich Wilhelm Müller. It was a wholesale trade for precious stones, pearls, jewels and gold and silver jewelery. In the course of time, a branch was established in Pforzheim and one in Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany's largest jewelry town. Through the Second World War, WILHELM MÜLLER was forced to move to Schwäbisch Gmünd, because the Berlin headquarters was located in the eastern part of the city. Even in Pforzheim the further work was not possible due to the enormous destruction in the second world war.

The branch office in Schwäbisch Gmünd was rebuilt with a large part of the workforce in Berlin.

In the course of the following decades, a branch became superfluous, so that the Pforzheimer branch was closed at the end of the 80s. In Schwäbisch Gmünd, on the other hand, the company building was expanded by one production.

Today, the family business is run by the managing director and co-owner Christian Hünecke in the fifth generation since 1984.

Source: Company homepage of Wilhelm Müller

As a wholesaler Wilhelm Müller distributes jewelery to various manufacturers.

One of these jewelery makers is Carl Forster & Graf from Schwäbisch Gmünd, of which also the presented mirror medallion comes.

FORSTER & GRAF WAS ACTIVE UNTIL 1983

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X