Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think of this modern Chinese version ?
    Attached Files

Comment

The flattened "O" is the first give away. However I'm sure it would fool a lot of collectors! I'd like to see the reverse.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
      - THE SS TK RING
      - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
      - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
        The flattened "O" is the first give away. However I'm sure it would fool a lot of collectors! I'd like to see the reverse.
        Agree Antonio,

The letter "O" is a "tell" but it will fool many. The holes in the "R & P" also are just abit off, & the triangles in the "A's". Have not been able to locate a reverse photo of the Chinese version so if anyone comes across one please post it up here.

Or for that matter any other variations of the AKCT good or bad...
        Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 05-10-2014, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks for this nice thread. Here is another interesting one from Ade:
          http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-l...uff-title-804/
          sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

Originally posted by don_kihotis7 View Post
            Thanks for this nice thread. Here is another interesting one from Ade:
            http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-l...uff-title-804/
            Thanks another great thread. Learned alot in the past from him & when it comes to Ct's Ade is

Comment

Here are a couple of AKCT's. Both early olive one's side by side for comparison. Interestingly the olive ct i posted earlier in post #1 (its the middle one). The 2nd version has been attached to a tunic at some point and it has some wear to the silver edge especially on the underside where you would expect it to be if worn on a tunic for some time. Also has that smell collectors love denoting its been around for a long while unlike the almost mint version (slight nik) that has no smell.
              Attached Files

Comment

Notice the heavy wear to the silver cord and cloth material on the tunic worn example.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
                  I add to this thread a cufftitle I have in my collection since years and years.
                  Matt told me he saw few like these over the years, I remember I saw a pair, but my memory doesn't is of help so it is possible I'm mistaken. To be sure I've looked for another made in this way but I never found it.

I have my idea. What do you think guys?
                  Antonio,

these are still my favorite variation of this cuff title. There is just something about them that I really like. I have had probably 4 of them over the years and are a harder variant to find. Matt

Comment

Agree Matt

That is a really nice variation. (referring to post #16 & 17) & they are the hardest to come by. My fav is any version of the AKCT that has been worn on a tunic

Comment

AK Cuffs

Here are some of mine!

All five are good ones and the lonly is a copy!

Thomas!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Copy a

Thomas!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Thoms; 03-12-2015, 11:02 PM.

Comment

The Afrika is ok but the Afrikakorps is a copy!

Thomas!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Thomas

Thanks for adding these nice ct's to this thread. All five are good to compare side by side along with the one-look tartan weave fake. There are quite a few good variations. The Afrika ct is a fine original too

Comment

Originally posted by Beattie-B View Post
                              It's often overlooked but many fakes can be spotted by looking at the backside and analyzing the "RP" in "Korps". There should be a sizeable difference in the size of the squares inside the letters, often the "R" has a more rectangular square inlay while the "P" has a more squared inlay.
                              That was always one of the tells" for me. But I haven't kept up with these for many years, so I'm not surprised that things have changed. Great thread gents. Thanks for the excellent info!

Comment

I learned a lot from this thread when Tim first posted it, and I've referred to it a few times over the years since. I just was searching for it again today, could it be pinned? Many thanks for this Tim, it's greatly appreciated!
                                Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X