• Show
Clear All

and again
    Attached Files

Comment

and finally
      Attached Files

Comment

A very nice one look original, even upside down. This one will be called a fake by some, as the holes in the R & P are the same size. They are clinging to a myth from the the early 90's. Many of the AKCT's that appear minty were in fact issued. Around 98% of the issued AKCT's ended up sitting in a solder's drawer at home. As very few members of the DAK chose to wear them. Am not aware of any surplus "horde's" of the early olive version, only the horde of tan AKCT's found at the end of the War.

Comment

Thank's Tim . As I'm forever saying and being very open about it . I need to catch up on the latest research material as I have hardly added anything to my collection for 20 years . But having been collecting for 49 years I'm also not a complete novice either , and this cuff title is a 100% genuine . Your right about the 90's myth and here lies a potential problem . Because to be frank , I believe that some newer collectors have come into the hobby at a time when repro's have been very good and in some cases are unknowingly using expensive good quality repro's as some kind of benchmark . Ironicly this is the reason why I almost stopped collecting . I'm getting a great deal more from W.A.F. to catch up with what's out there , but there are a minority of however well meaning collector's applying hard line rules with blinkered vision to aspects of our hobby . I bought a bevo s.s. arm eagle amongst a box of Brit army cloth badges . The whole lot cost £5 . Not being up to speed I believed it was right , it wasn't and it was explained why , and now I know and am grateful for the knowledge gained . However 90/95% of my cloth badges were given to me in a plastic bag in 1970 by my fathers friend who had taken most of them from p.o.w.s or traded them for fag's with his mates in 1945 whilst in Germany . And yet I've had some of these declared as copies by the slide rule brigade !

When I began collecting in 1970 German miltaria was so affordable that it simply wasn't worth spending a lot of money on making a decent reproduction . The ones that were made back then were absolutely comical . Even as school boy's we could spot them . Because of the ever increasing value of items now , it's worth the fakers spending far more on producing them to a higher standard . Anyway rant over , thank's again for your opinion .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X