This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordan Jamison View Post
    I think that the makers of Inglourious Basterds picked up a Nazi regalia book and picked out every badge they thought "looked cool".
    Sometimes they use some special "experts" and the costumes department has to realize, what they say. I know the guy's from the CD, also the bosses, all real nice guy's. As I'm not far from Babelsberg Studios where most of the movie was made, I also worked with them on IB. The same costume guy's also made Band of Brothers. I would say, there they had better experts. They also made in 80 day's around the World with jackie chan. saw him only for some min. as the appointment in the pub was cancelled., nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
      Don't worry. In 20 years, the forums will be discussing Hitler getting machine gunned to death at a movie premier. Worse yet, many will agree that is how he died. Reading and studying history is dead. The new generation needs fast moving action and special effects.

My wife is an educator. The new theme, for teachers, is that they must ENTERTAIN their students or they will just go back to fiddling with their cell phones, in class. Take away a cell phone and the parents will have the teacher fired.

Bob Hritz
      Bob's observations are quite valid I'm afraid-- all over the US -- not just where he's from.
      "Social Studies " teachers need very few "history" requirements to teach public school. The push is to be "facilitators" NOT teachers (bad word these days)

I have enbraced movies however -- I show a clip or the whole movie and try to isolate fact from fiction -- propaganda from scholarship. I try and teach media discernment in my classes. When I show non-fiction pieces I always try to get the kids to guess the "bias" of the commentator and point out clues to the underlying direction the news program wants to take you.

I haven't shown Inglorious Basterds but have mentioned it a lot though. So far no one believes Hitler died that way. Just be grateful Oliver Stone didn't make this film -- he's a real danger to the historical film genre.

By the way, for every one kid who gets their cell phone taken away I guarantee there are ten who are texting at that very moment within a stone's throw from that kid.
      Last edited by Military Trader; 12-12-2010, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X