This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inglourious Basterds badge

It might not be the right place, but since this is the best military award forum I know I would give it a try. In Inglourious Basterds Colonel Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz) was wearing a badge on his left which looked a bit like a Dollar sign. It looked a bit strange to me and was trying to find out what it was, but so far did not succeed. Can anyone give me a hint please?

Thanks and sorry for the unusual request.

do you mean that top ss award "SS Proficiency runes"?

Comment

I'm not sure this is what I saw in the movie, but it could be the one. I didn't find any pics from the movie on which this could be cearly seen.
      But thx anyway

Comment

Yes

Thats what it was. Another SS man, Im not sure which one had one also.
        Not right he was to old etc to have the award that was mostly for foreigners any way. Looked good on his uniform and that was all that mattered.
        The bar shoot out was the best scene I'd like to see that in slow motion.
        Also did you notice the sniper (hero) didnt have diddly squat until the movie premier then he had a RK / Oak leafs & swords with his parade waffenrock in WHITE.
        Not a bad movie considering who made it. I would recomend it if you like James Bond spoof movies you'll like this as well.

Comment

yeah i noticed that about the RK to!!!!interesting alright!!!though the main SS guys KVK RK in gold with swords looked a bit crap and fake!!not a great movie but the uniforms were better then other films iv seen!

Comment

Hans Lada had a KVK II withhout swords,KVK I without swords and RK KVK with swords.
            The hero guy hadn't got an EK I but a KC with Oak leafs & swords.
            I think the director thought that the neckwear medals were only worn on ceremonies.

Comment

The Knights cross confused me too. I thought he was making up the war story to get the girl. I thought such actions would at least merit a Knights cross, and when he showed none at first, I thought he was a liar. Such seemingly small details can throw one (or maybe just me..) way off!

Comment

Pure Fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithWilliams View Post
                  Pure Fantasy.
                  It's a MOVIE that isn't based on fact

Rob

Comment

Don't worry. In 20 years, the forums will be discussing Hitler getting machine gunned to death at a movie premier. Worse yet, many will agree that is how he died. Reading and studying history is dead. The new generation needs fast moving action and special effects.

My wife is an educator. The new theme, for teachers, is that they must ENTERTAIN their students or they will just go back to fiddling with their cell phones, in class. Take away a cell phone and the parents will have the teacher fired.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                      It's a MOVIE that isn't based on fact

Rob
                      After the war was over there actually was a secret group of Jewish soldiers, (from a British unit comprised mostly of Palestinian and Polish Jews), who went around killing every Nazi they could find.
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I believe there was a unit of the SOE detailed before the end of the war to locate and terminate with extreme prejudice any RSHA members believed to be involved in the deaths of their operatives.

Comment

Here is a book on the Jewish Brigade, members of the Brigade formed the secret unit my previous post mentioned.

http://www.amazon.com/Brigade-Epic-S.../dp/006093283X
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                            Don't worry. In 20 years, the forums will be discussing Hitler getting machine gunned to death at a movie premier. Worse yet, many will agree that is how he died. Reading and studying history is dead. The new generation needs fast moving action and special effects.

My wife is an educator. The new theme, for teachers, is that they must ENTERTAIN their students or they will just go back to fiddling with their cell phones, in class. Take away a cell phone and the parents will have the teacher fired.

Bob Hritz
                            The sad, sad truth. It's almost panic-inducing, how fast educational standards are slipping.

Comment

Book

I just ordered the book thanks for the link.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X