X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Norm,

I like it!

Would be nice to have the same visual for Badges and then Spanges as well, as the pins can appear a little different on those awards. Especially when the pin is moved from the vertical orientation of the EK/DK/Badges to the horizontal orientation of Spanges.

Best,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhawk View Post
      Would be nice to have the same visual for Badges and then Spanges as well, as the pins can appear a little different on those awards.
      Hi Jeff,

I already posted the same visual for badges way back in post #2.

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Norm,

I forgot to check back at the thread beginning!

Could you add the date ranges on the Badge image and now just a Spange image collection is needed.

All three could tben be added together in the 57er reference thread in the pinned area.

Best,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhawk View Post
          Could you add the date ranges on the Badge image...

Best,

Jeff
          For Jeff.

"Very early", 1957-1960: round-wire main pin (on most war badges and wound badges) or wartime wide pin (on DK, EK1, Spanges), solid block hinge, narrow flat-wire catch

"Early", 1960-1965: narrow-topped main pin, solid block hinge, narrow flat-wire catch, +/- dome head hinge pin

"Early to Mid" (transitional), 1963-1966: narrow-topped or wide-topped main pin, solid block hinge, double-wire catch, +/- dome head hinge pin

"Mid", 1965-1968: wide-topped main pin, solid block hinge, narrow flat-wire catch, +/- dome head hinge pin

"Late", 1968-1980: wide-topped main pin, hollow hinge, wide flat-wire catch, +/- dome head hinge pin

"Modern", 1980-
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Norm F; 10-23-2014, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks Norm!

Comment

I just discovered this old reference thread of Mike Yokum's that collects together a bunch of links to useful references threads, many of which touch upon the features of S&L products over the various periods of production. Looks like it used to be a pinned thread that somehow got unpinned?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=587111

Best regards,
              ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
                This is what I call the semi open hingeblock, not sure if its the same type as you mean Jeff???
                [ATTACH]3023740[/ATTACH]
                I just received this interesting S&L Minesweeper (thanks to mpiering). I thought it was going to be a solid hinge block "early" example, but when it arrived I discovered it has the "semi-open" or "filled hollow" hinge block shown previously by Nigel on the EK1.

Here it is combined with the early narrow catch and the "o" mark. I would guess this badge is perhaps from the "mid to late" period, circa 1967 on the timeline? In other words just before the transition to the fully hollow hinge block and the wider catch.

Best regards,
                ---Norm
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice piece Norm, and a very interesting and scarce variant with the semi-open hingeblock!!
                  I would agree with your dating of these pieces!!!
                  Thanks for showing!!!!!!!!!!
                  -Nigel
                  sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Norm, you made a very good overview graphic!!!!
                    Many thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X