New Chinese Fakes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
    Possibly more worrying is this medalbar, which wasn't being sold as a repro.....
    [ATTACH]2689959[/ATTACH]
    I contacted the seller since I wanted to know if the hindy had the same mm as the other one and I got the reply now.

W.K.
    These are reproduction medals.

So it is the same mm and he is selling them as repro. But we all know that after they have changed hands 2 or 3 times some of them will be sold as original.

P.S.The seller is german, not chinese. Atleast he has a german name.

/peter

Comment

Hi Gents,these medal bars are sold by http://www.unionmilitaria.com
      and there ebay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/rzmmilitaria
      The three medal combination has just appeared on thier ebay shop.All the EK's are one piece strikes,here is the reverse of my repro bar,its nothing like the originals.John
      Attached Files

Comment

The seller I saw was RZM Militaria, his Ebay name is Militaria Lee, and the items listed location is Shangdong Qingao, China
        There may well be more than one seller already, if not, there soon will be i'm sure, and as Peter said, not everyone will sell them as repro's!!
        -Nigel
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
          The seller I saw was RZM Militaria, his Ebay name is Militaria Lee, and the items listed location is Shangdong Qingao, China
          There may well be more than one seller already, if not, there soon will be i'm sure, and as Peter said, not everyone will sell them as repro's!!
          -Nigel
          My misstake. I also contacted the US seller of the 2 place medal bar and it was he (gerst) how answered me. So the other one is as you say from China.

Sorry for the confusion.

And thanks John for the pics and links.

/peter

Comment

Originally posted by collecter View Post
            Hi Gents,these medal bars are sold by http://www.unionmilitaria.com
            and there ebay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/rzmmilitaria
            The three medal combination has just appeared on thier ebay shop.All the EK's are one piece strikes,here is the reverse of my repro bar,its nothing like the originals.John
            Thanks John. Most helpful.

Best regards
            Pierce

Comment

These medals are being supplied to all the Militaria stores. I have TR DKs in Silver and Gold and they are beautiful pieces until you look at the back. I also have a TR RK KvK with swords like the one pictured. I will never own originals of such pieces so these fill nicely. I am tempted to mark them all in such a way that no one will ever believe they are real.

What is really worrying is that the makers have now worked out that the super thick frames on the 3 piece RKs of a couple of years ago can be very easily corrected. Once weathered correctly some of these awards will be very hard to pick as fakes. I've not found a site that is selling such things as anything but repros, but, as stated earlier in the thread, after changing hands a few times that won't count for anything. Scary. The need for forums like ours will become more and more obvious as spotting fakes becomes harder and harder.

Comment

Well as soon as I find the"One" more piece I want for my collection, I'm leaving the hobby as an active collector for good. I'm sick & tired of where the military collecting hobby has evolved. Thank God the "One" more piece I want will be easy to ID thanks to all of you on this 57 forum. Tom

Comment

Tom I confess I'm feeling the same about it. I want a nice 57er RK and then that about wraps it up. Its all too expensive or too easily faked. Still it will be wonderful to window shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                    Well as soon as I find the"One" more piece I want for my collection, I'm leaving the hobby as an active collector for good. I'm sick & tired of where the military collecting hobby has evolved. Thank God the "One" more piece I want will be easy to ID thanks to all of you on this 57 forum. Tom
                    Hi Tom!!
                    Don't leave us hanging buddy, whats "the one" you're after?
                    I'm really curious!!!
                    -Nigel

Comment

Shame to read even 57er collectors are getting fed up with it due to fakes on the market.
                      I still feel that good items are out there, but you need to look through / past all the other crap.
                      As long as you know what you have to look for, then you can pick that needle in the haystack.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                        Shame to read even 57er collectors are getting fed up with it due to fakes on the market.
                        I still feel that good items are out there, but you need to look through / past all the other crap.
                        As long as you know what you have to look for, then you can pick that needle in the haystack.
                        Very true Mathijs! But unfortunately this is only the beginning, the fakes will get better and better, there are already fakes out there that with a few alterations would be very difficult to tell apart from an original piece, which is what the fakers are aiming for!
                        When buying from Ebay etc we are trying to judge each piece on a handful of photo's, and that is getting more and more difficult to do!
                        I wouldn't suggest anyone packs in collecting 57ers because of this, but I would say... check every detail of every piece, and if you aren't sure, don't buy!
                        -Nigel

Comment

You are correct Nigel .... eBay + blurry pix + inexperienced collector = money wasted.

I know my sources and know my 57er items, but many collectors do buy blind.
                          Personally, I prefer buying from other collectors, then I know the items are good.
                          How many times have the "57er rat pack" traded amongst each other .
                          We all ended up striking something of our wish list and happy to have in our collection

Mathijs

Comment

Mathijs that's got to be the best advice. Buying from each other and at least getting people here to check items is getting to be the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                              Personally, I prefer buying from other collectors, then I know the items are good. How many times have the "57er rat pack" traded amongst each other . We all ended up striking something of our wish list and happy to have in our collection Mathijs
                              Sound advice from Mathijs ! That I wholeheartedly agree with !
                              I have highlighted these Chinese copies on another site, as you say Nigel, little work needed to make very convincing 57ers......The Chinese sell them as reproductions, its the snakes who sell them on we have to be careful of !
                              Prost ! Steve.

Comment

Hello Guy's Well what I'm looking for, which will my "last" purchase is a 800 marked 2nd pattern core Knights Cross (without case or ribbon). I have one with provenance (unmarked), and I have a 800 marked 1st pattern core "C" frame. So, that will finish my collecting. At my age I just can't see picking up more & more stuff. Thanks, Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X